TRADITIONAL Pensioner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job working your frame magic on this one! I REALLLLY like those fatties and rims on this bike. Tons of attitude.

Nice job working your frame magic on this one! I REALLLLY like those fatties and rims on this bike. Tons of attitude.
Magic? :21:

Pure luck is more like it. My scrap bin has parts of a dozen forks chopped up and various bits of metal tubing from ideas that didn't pan out. I have a 25 to 1 ratio of things that actually work out. It makes for a big celebration for the thing that works. 🥳

None of the shims worked, even the 27.2 made for this frame, so I had to grind out a bigger slot in the shim so it would go in. Now the old layback post is set.
14 May 4.jpg

I set up my angle grinder gadget to get some cuts done on the dropout extensions.
14 May 3.jpg

Then I mounted them to the frame to see how they panned out. I didn't slot them, I think there's enough adjustment to make it work as is.
14 May 6.jpg

I need to get some washers, nuts and bolts. These are just for mockup. I just noticed a strut on backwards.
14 May 5.jpg

I have some adjustment with these.

1715708313774.png

Back