UNLIMITED Ratneck Rampage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to translate your beer brand / name. It came out as 'Natural Zuvir Beer'. Is it a pilsner? Kolsch?

EDIT: Okay, spelling is important when translating~! Haha! It's zuiver which comes out to 'pure' or 'clear' in English. Still not sure on the taste / flavor though. (I like beer, can you tell? :bigsmile: )

Really moving along on this build BRE! If it's not too late, I vote for mock up #1 as well. Nice lines, reminds me a bit of the mixte frame look. Works well with your custom tubing.

I tried to translate your beer brand / name. It came out as 'Natural Zuvir Beer'. Is it a pilsner? Kolsch?

EDIT: Okay, spelling is important when translating~! Haha! It's zuiver which comes out to 'pure' or 'clear' in English. Still not sure on the taste / flavor though. (I like beer, can you tell? :bigsmile: )

Really moving along on this build BRE! If it's not too late, I vote for mock up #1 as well. Nice lines, reminds me a bit of the mixte frame look. Works well with your custom tubing.
The beer is:
Hertog Jan (Duke Jan)
Nature pure beer

It is a great common beer in my opinion. Our local 'large' beer company called Grolch is great, but a little bitter. I personally like the sweeter beers like Hertog Jan.

I am a occasional beer drinker, when something comes up, I'll try it.
My favorite common Dutch beer is 'Brand Oud Bruin' or Old Brown.

Brand can be litorally translated to: Fire or Brand (whats your brand?)

The best beer I encountered were the Scottish 'Innis and Gunn' beers with a bit of Whisky or Rum.
1000026956.jpg

What is your favorite taste or brand @OddJob ?

Alright the bike, a page two slacker already!

I notched the square profile and downtube.
I collected alignment pieces so I can clamp the BB and square profile down on a large I-beam.
Then I can weld the headtube and use another metal alignment piece aligned to the BB again.

Here are a few photo's and I'll take pictures when I start working.

20240512_194609.jpg

Alignment for the 'top chopped' seat tube will be done with V-blocks.

20240513_083954.jpg

Hole saw for the Bottom Bracket.

20240513_091604.jpg

Left over :p

20240513_200554.jpg

20240513_200603.jpg

Neat!!

1000026954.jpg

The hardened steel flat pieces that have the right offset.

More soon, thank you for watching!

Nice cutting and blending. This is gonna be cool.

Hey BRE, thanks for the explanantion / translation re: bier / beer!

I am actually a big fan of brown ales. Not the red, more syrupy beers, but a true brown. England has some good ones and many of our local / regional craft breweries produce brown ales as well. Typically a seasonal,we see them more prevalent between Oct- Feb in our stores.

I also like the Kolsch style beers for the other 7 months of the year. But I am adventurous and will try anything that sounds good!

Hey BRE, thanks for the explanantion / translation re: bier / beer!

I am actually a big fan of brown ales. Not the red, more syrupy beers, but a true brown. England has some good ones and many of our local / regional craft breweries produce brown ales as well. Typically a seasonal,we see them more prevalent between Oct- Feb in our stores.

I also like the Kolsch style beers for the other 7 months of the year. But I am adventurous and will try anything that sounds good!
Brown Ales, I really like those too. I never tried Kolsch, the brewery is not really far from me so thanks for that tip, will keep an eye out for that one!

First welding session done.

Alignment with a beam, hardened distancing plates and clamps is quite a challenge.

I also found out that the notching for my headtube was not precise enough, so I needed to fill a gap. Its possible, but it doesn't make your welds prettier.
It does do the name ratneck good :crazy:

1000027031.jpg

Ready to go to the hobby club. I don't have a welding machine at home.

1000027034.jpg

1000027035.jpg

Seatpost aligned!

1000027037.jpg

Brrrt.

1000027040.jpg

Alignment again.

1000027042.jpg

1000027044.jpg

Measuring, checking, clamping, checking again, adjusting, checking and tacking!

1000027059.jpg

1000027060.jpg

Alrighty then! Pretty happy with the result. Need some more practicing and tighter seams/notches, but we are learning!

Today I also found spray cans that I like. The rims will get a colour, so maybe one of these.
I placed them next to the tires for an impression.

1000027020.jpg

1000027017.jpg

1000027018.jpg

1000027019.jpg

That frame is looking slick! Nice work

Thanks guys!!

1000027073.jpg

Checking this morning before going to work. Looking good!

Thinking about options:

1000027018.jpg

20240419_124121.jpg

Hmm..... green is cool.

Today is "cycle to work day" in the Netherlands. Nothing special, since lots of people ride a bicycle to work.

1000026984.jpg

I took Vertigo Granny today.
1000027074.jpg

1000027075.jpg

Arrived!

1000027076.jpg

Its still early in the buildoff, but what do you guys think?
Metallic green rims.
Metallic purple rims.
Classic red rims.

Tires are whitewalls.

Purple, wow. Just wondering if it will fit on the complete bike.
b42f852f8ade0593077689473a1f1615.jpg

I like the metallic / anodized colors, especially for a stretch like this. Most of the ones I've seen that really catch my eye are the monochromatic painted ones, all the colors in a particular hue. Like the purple one you pictured.

When my original plans for RRB BO were for a fatty stretch cruiser, I found these photos that I liked for inspiration.

fat cruiser 5.jpg

fat cruiser 2.jpg

The second one has a derivation of the 'orange brown' frame with the dark orange rims. And I really like how the white tires on the blue one and the white walls on the other act as accents to set off the main colors.

Of course, you could always fade the metallic colors together, and color the rims to match both ends of the fade spectrum....

RaTs GaSs.jpg

RaTs GaSs, the shiniest OJ build ever. :bigsmile:

Its still early in the buildoff, but what do you guys think?
Metallic green rims.
Metallic purple rims.
Classic red rims.

Tires are whitewalls.

Purple, wow. Just wondering if it will fit on the complete bike.
I think it depends on the main color of the bike. For monochromatic I kind of like the purple. For a black frame I'd lean towards the green. I like red rims but it sort of depends on the frame color. The style of the frame is really cool and would look great with a bright paint job.

Vertigo Granny is looking great in the wild. Killer dropouts!
The purple and green should go well together. Add gold to the mix and it could be a New Orleans Mardi Gras bike.

Back