UNLIMITED Brutus

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kinda kicking around the idea of building a bike out of a few parts I have laying around. I have the 29er wheels that I built for a failed winter build off a few years ago, this new age Schwinn stingray fork, and a bunch of other stuff. This is a boy's Schwinn fork meant for a 16" front tire and there's about 1/8" of clearance (Clarence) between the 29er tire and the bottom of the triple tree. It's like it was meant to be

IMG_20240501_184935587.jpg

IMG_20240501_185800064.jpg

Those OCC 16" forks have been used on many early RRB builds. Go for it!

Kinda kicking around the idea of building a bike out of a few parts I have laying around. I have the 29er wheels that I built for a failed winter build off a few years ago, this new age Schwinn stingray fork, and a bunch of other stuff. This is a boy's Schwinn fork meant for a 16" front tire and there's about 1/8" of clearance (Clarence) between the 29er tire and the bottom of the triple tree. It's like it was meant to be

View attachment 263870
View attachment 263871
Nice! I'm using one as well, but extending it a bit. Good to know they are compatible with much larger wheels.

I got to hang out with my friend @Uncle Shish today and he gave me a new direction to take this bike. Went over to his place to meet up for a bike ride and he gave me a pre war ladies Elgin frame, along with a few others.
IMG_20240518_210543784.jpg

Polish_20240518_212250618.jpg

IMG_20240518_150759544.jpg
IMG_20240518_153655183.jpg
I saw his pre war men's bike and was awestruck by it. I've never seen one until today and they definitely ooze the cool bike vibe, which got my gears turning
Screenshot_20240518-211051.png

Now I want to build something similar to his bike, but with a touch of the Hatter madness. I'm going to cut, nip, tuck, stretch, and Bruce Jenner that ladies frame into someone resembling the idea in my head. It'll most likely end up with something akin to a Project 346 vibe, but built with pieces from 2-4 other pre or early post war ladies frames
download (2).jpeg

I got to hang out with my friend @Uncle Shish today and he gave me a new direction to take this bike. Went over to his place to meet up for a bike ride and he gave me a pre war ladies Elgin frame, along with a few others.
View attachment 266214
View attachment 266218

View attachment 266219View attachment 266220 I saw his pre war men's bike and was awestruck by it. I've never seen one until today and they definitely ooze the cool bike vibe, which got my gears turning
View attachment 266216
Now I want to build something similar to his bike, but with a touch of the Hatter madness. I'm going to cut, nip, tuck, stretch, and Bruce Jenner that ladies frame into someone resembling the idea in my head. It'll most likely end up with something akin to a Project 346 vibe, but built with pieces from 2-4 other pre or early post war ladies frames
View attachment 266215
Absolutely great hanging out with you and the rest of the gang! Too much fun n' sun ... I am wiped out!

View attachment 266214
View attachment 266218

View attachment 266219View attachment 266220 I saw his pre war men's bike and was awestruck by it. I've never seen one until today and they definitely ooze the cool bike vibe, which got my gears turning
View attachment 266216
View attachment 266215

Great scrores and looks like a great ride. Love that Elgin Oriole too.
Looking forward to your Basman inspired build. Sounds like it's gonna be more of a BasTran. :D

Latest posts

Back