Let's see your Cleveland Welding bicycles!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ‘98 Frankenliner got a mint tank, chainguard, 30” wide bars, Schwinn crank and a layback post this week. I painted the chainguard myself with ceramic engine paint and made the seat post from my last piece of solid stainless 5/8” bar.
IMG_5983.jpeg

IMG_5984.jpeg
IMG_5971.jpeg

Third Thread Revival in a row. Do folks just not have any these days??
All i have are dreams. Can't seem to find em in Canada, can't get em across the border.
*Seems appropriate that our Flying Zombie keeps on waking the dead

All i have are dreams. Can't seem to find em in Canada, can't get em across the border.
Would you believe the guy who sold me this frame got it out of Canada?

Why can’t you get them across the border? I thought only Australia had draconian customs regulations.

What do you mean you can't get them across the border?
If you can get into Wisconsin, Ive GOT YOU. 😉
No but seriously, I'm still working on that.
I know two guys in New York that I think would be into the idea of bringing them up just over the line. It's a slow discussion and I don't want to add too much pressure to it but it's coming along. I'll do my best to keep you posted.

Last edited:
What do you mean you can't get them across the border?
Shipping to Canada is prohibitively expensive, plus there's the chance they get turned back at customs. I have a post office box in the States, and can pop across the border to grab smaller stuff, but anything large gets me a hassle, almost guaranteed

Shipping to Canada is prohibitively expensive, plus there's the chance they get turned back at customs. I have a post office box in the States, and can pop across the border to grab smaller stuff, but anything large gets me a hassle, almost guaranteed
How small is "small"? Trying to gage how much of the bike needs to be considered for carrying across.

How small is "small"? Trying to gage how much of the bike needs to be considered for carrying across.
I heard a story of a guy who biked across every day. He had a box on the rack filled with soil. Every time, they'd ask if he had anything to declare, he'd say no, and they'd search through the dirt. When they found nothing in there, he was sent on his way. Turns out he was smuggling bikes

Latest posts

Back