TRADITIONAL Pensioner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job working your frame magic on this one! I REALLLLY like those fatties and rims on this bike. Tons of attitude.

Nice job working your frame magic on this one! I REALLLLY like those fatties and rims on this bike. Tons of attitude.
Magic? :21:

Pure luck is more like it. My scrap bin has parts of a dozen forks chopped up and various bits of metal tubing from ideas that didn't pan out. I have a 25 to 1 ratio of things that actually work out. It makes for a big celebration for the thing that works. 🥳

None of the shims worked, even the 27.2 made for this frame, so I had to grind out a bigger slot in the shim so it would go in. Now the old layback post is set.
14 May 4.jpg

I set up my angle grinder gadget to get some cuts done on the dropout extensions.
14 May 3.jpg

Then I mounted them to the frame to see how they panned out. I didn't slot them, I think there's enough adjustment to make it work as is.
14 May 6.jpg

I need to get some washers, nuts and bolts. These are just for mockup. I just noticed a strut on backwards.
14 May 5.jpg

I have some adjustment with these.

1715708313774.png

More gadgets to add to the shop. A small press and a thing you attach to your drill to make it a press.
18 May 2024 gadgets.jpg

Maintenence on the shop fan. Good thing they warned me about sticking my finger in the blades!

18 May 24 a.jpg

The gold paint looked grainy so the drops will be bare metal. It can wait until tomorrow, it's Sunday and I'm staying AC all day.

"Based on its recent forecast, the state weather bureau reported that some parts of the country could record heat indices ranging from 42 degrees Celsius to 45°C."

That's 108-113 fahrenheit.

Latest posts

Back