UNLIMITED Singularity

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe try a different spoke pattern to eat up the extra length?
I have the correct length ordered... But I'll post a pic of this lace before I dismantle it. It's not terrible but just not right.

Easy peasey grind down the tips of the spokes...
Not this time. I'm actually waiting on new spokes and rethinking the color scheme...
IMG_20240524_082450519.jpg
IMG_20240524_082459042.jpg

Did some rearranging in my garage for some floor space. Bike still ended up on my bench. Cut out the brake bridge left over from the MTB that donated it's rear frame for Rockin' Rollfast. Now the Monark fender goes high enough to be centered on the wheel. The front fender fits perfect on the Monark style springer and while the back fender needs some dent and bent work it'll be all right soon enough.
IMG_20240524_210036169.jpg
IMG_20240524_210022661.jpg
IMG_20240524_210049251.jpg
IMG_20240524_204554181.jpg

IMG_20240524_205600395.jpg

Not a great shot of the bridge, I took it with the bike hanging from the ceiling on a hook, right before I cut it out. But you get the idea.

I've got an idea for a new bridge/fender support using a bit of rod heated up and hammered out blacksmith style. Should be fun and functional too.
I'm just not sure about my color scheme... I really would love to do some "speedboat glitter" but I've also got a love hate relationship going on with the funky chartreuse fenders. They have decent stripes in black and gold, they're just weird enough you never see this color and I can pick up the gold and black with my rims. Maybe goodbye electric blue and hello root beer with smaller glitter flakes?

Nice work. Those fenders are looking sweet on there!

It does seem like the electric blue wouldn't really go with the fenders. Maybe a dark red metallic or maroon?
I've seen a nice burnt orange/brown called root beer that should look good.
Clean the fenders and spray them clear will help, gold rims, black spokes.
Plus with some of the left over I'm planning to paint a guitar body.
Root beer will look great on a Telecaster...

The first drive was cooking by the time I had the fifth one wired in. The signal had been looped to regenerate a wave that I thought would hold the grid steady when I dumped the clutch, so to speak, and let it all go down the tubes. A single note had started the feedback and the harmonics were there in the second and the fifth orders. There was an excess of energy, a benefit of the echoes produced by the curvature of the walls in the old building, The grid might have been a fragile thing, but the old walls of the gravity shed had weathered the sonic assault of a thousand cycles churning, each in their own array of dimensions. So literally bouncing the tonal wave off the grid into the walls poised no threat to the physical plane of the shed itself. Yet I saw the color shift when I opened the loop and let the overdrives cascade into the void between the sonic and the visual planes. Indigo. Blue. The metallic sheen of the grid started phasing indigo, then a lighter blue, then back to indigo. I could hear the keening sizzle of the old tubes overlaid with a sort of barking low down in the sub-sonic range. I think that it was coming from the lining of the 6 meter thick walls of the shed itself. Or the grid was off balance... A dozen test runs and that low rumbling stab wasn't there, why now? I was about to slam a power chord that hadn't been heard in a decade or two on the converted Strat.

Last edited:
Digging the creative writing process along with the building process, sort of "Zen and the art of RatRodBike Building". :forum:
Your rootbeer glisten paint job has me :inlove: and the fat street tires grabbed me like :cool2:. Your green paint on that MBBO build that garnered you an MBBO OJ Award is still one of my all-time favorites. Course, the furry seat cover didn't hurt it. :wink1:

Thank @OddJob I was just perusing the saddles etc. on eBay. Might toss a funky San Marco at it or a cheap knock off big rivet style, not sure yet. I'm also second guessing myself on paint, the fenders are rougher than the pictures show, so might as well paint them to match... I've also got to fanagle some kind of fastener to hook the front fender to the landing gear fork. Yeah geta good look this ain't all faux Monark...
IMG_20240527_183221761.jpg
IMG_20240527_182128202.jpg

There's a wide open hole on the bottom of the fork crown and a set of holes front to back for like a caliper brake... Also that is the tire and rim, so far, lol. I've found nothing else to match the big ol' Hank out back.

The first drive was cooking by the time I had the fifth one wired in. The signal had been looped to regenerate a wave that I thought would hold the grid steady when I dumped the clutch, so to speak, and let it all go down the tubes. A single note had started the feedback and the harmonics were there in the second and the fifth orders. There was an excess of energy, a benefit of the echoes produced by the curvature of the walls in the old building, The grid might have been a fragile thing, but the old walls of the gravity shed had weathered the sonic assault of a thousand cycles churning, each in their own array of dimensions. So literally bouncing the tonal wave off the grid into the walls poised no threat to the physical plane of the shed itself. Yet I saw the color shift when I opened the loop and let the overdrives cascade into the void between the sonic and the visual planes. Indigo. Blue. The metallic sheen of the grid started phasing indigo, then a lighter blue, then back to indigo. I could hear the keening sizzle of the old tubes overlaid with a sort of barking low down in the sub-sonic range. I think that it was coming from the lining of the 6 meter thick walls of the shed itself. Or the grid was off balance... A dozen test runs and that low rumbling stab wasn't there, why now? I was about to slam a power chord that hadn't been heard in a decade or two on the converted Strat.

This sonic tale is a lot deeper than the Gerty and Tom Terrific story a few years back.

The mixed FoNark fork is looking great.

Speaking of the FoNark, anyone using one of the repop Monark style forks with a motored bike should beware. Look at the last photo, the spring towers have some pretty bad welding and before they painted them they filled them with bondo instead of another pass with the stick or wire or whatever they used. The joints were actually weak, you could bend them with your fingers. After wire wheeling out the bondo, I filled them in with weld and then a bit of JB Weld cuz I had none of my own bondo. They're better now. But if you have a set of repops it wouldn't hurt to see if you can cut the weld joint with a boxcutter, that'd be an easy way to tell.

Back