UNLIMITED Still Searching for a Name (and direction)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely! The question now is........."So whats the brick for?":21:

I assumed that is what came from Mrs 68z27 when she saw her brand new saw there. :D

I mocked up using the cruiser fork and it looks way too wide to provide the crank, chainwheel and foot clearance needed. The amount and location of dimpling needed may seriously compromise the strength.

20240519_181012.jpg20240519_181022.jpg

I then took apart the rear suspension section of a mongoose to check for width (clearance), tire spacing and length from seat tube to dropouts. this may work but will need quite a bit of filing and fab because the spacing between the seat tube and tire decreases as you approach the midpoint between the chain stays and seat stays. Safe welds will also be a challenge.

20240519_182856.jpg20240519_183205.jpg

My last option (I could think of) is this fork I found, also buried in the armadillo dirt pile. This may be my best bet. Crank clearance, tire spacing only slightly narrowed and strong enough stays to negate a tube extension from the seat tube to the down tube that was popular on some models back in the day.....

20240519_201553.jpg
20240519_201314.jpg
20240519_201236.jpg

Funny you should ask.....I have 2 names in mind that are variations of themselves (whaaaat?) - My wife and former high school teacher says if something is "jacked" it is messed up. Since the chainstays are going to be raised, and the front suspension fork is going to be messed up, I was thinking of
1. High Jacked
2. Jacked Up

3. the 3rd place name got smacked down so fast I ain't even gonna mention it.....no, no, no, o_O
So these are the 2 names I am throwing out there for comments, etc.

I guess it is obvious now that the direction of building is raised CS in back and fubar'ed front fork for design/build - neither of which I have come close to doing and the fact that at 10:30 at nite, it is still 88F in my garage which truncates work time...........🔥

I'll probably go with "Jacked Up" but internally I'll be thinking "Jackass". That has a broader meaning to include me also......;)
I have a few ideas:

-Stay Jacked
-High bridges (they call the chainstay a bridge on motorcycles I believe).
-Jacked potato
-Forking awesome (since you are possibly utilizing a fork).

:grin:

LumberJacked since you have saws and it's jacked up

Back