(MBBO-5 c2)⚜Ride O'clock⚜((FOR SALE))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This build is the definition of "Built, not Bought"! And the sissy bar has the logo for those words.
Well said, oh highwaysoldier !
Looking awesome 1HP!
You are scaring me that you are painting already! :confused: Where does the time go?

Luke.
Thanks guys :thumbsup:
haha Luke , Its a tiny bike , i honestly been caried away in the building process , it was supposed to be supper simple and done in a flash in my mind ..
yours is a big project from the getgo , but you almost rolling arent you ? its only half way to the finish ,plenty of time for Build'O'clock:thumbsup:

Thanks guys :thumbsup:
haha Luke , Its a tiny bike , i honestly been caried away in the building process , it was supposed to be supper simple and done in a flash in my mind ..
yours is a big project from the getgo , but you almost rolling arent you ? its only half way to the finish ,plenty of time for Build'O'clock:thumbsup:
It's rolling, barely, problem is it needs a lot more yet! Plus time consuming paint and upholstery... :confused:
Pretty sure it will get there, just scared me for a second how many were painting already, thought it must be later than it was... ;)

Still 46 days to go!

Luke.

Every parts are painted and ready for assembly:D

here is masking madness to paint the tinny lines on the hoops
DSCN7014_zpshrer9ue3.jpg

Here are the tires before paint
DSCN7015_zpsi4w93mxl.jpg

after cleaning them up with paint thinner over and over ,the walls were painted mat black ..
(The Renaissance Man prooved it was doable on his last build)

that same matblack paint that was reacting with my primer , so i got satin black for the parts
(like GuitarlCarl suggested)

the parts pile half assembled , still need to true the wheels when i get the 20 missing spoke nipples:doh:
DSCN7016_zpsvghb5put.jpg

Spokes were covered with 'heat shrink tubing' and some have been painted over .. seems to hold well even when bending them.

the light is mounted on the fork legs by the inside of the light with 4 screws and treaded in the forklegs , verry solid setup ... i won't loose this one landing wheelies:thumbsup:

Riding'O'Clock soon!!:dance2::113:

Last edited:
Every parts are painted and ready for assembly:D

here is masking madness to paint the tinny lines on the hoops
DSCN7014_zpshrer9ue3.jpg

Here are the tires before paint
DSCN7015_zpsi4w93mxl.jpg

after cleaning them up with paint thinner over and over ,the walls were painted mat black ..
(The Renaissance Man prooved it was doable on his last build)

that same matblack paint that was reacting with my primer , so i got satin black for the parts
(like GuitarlCarl suggested)

the parts pile half assembled , still need to true the wheels when i get the 20 missing spoke nipples:doh:
DSCN7016_zpsvghb5put.jpg

Spokes were covered with 'heat shrink tubing' and some have been painted over .. seems to hold well even when bending them.

the light is mounted on the fork legs by the inside of the light with 4 screws and treaded in the forklegs , verry solid setup ... i won't loose this one landing wheelies:thumbsup:

Riding'O'Clock soon!!:dance2::113:

Just read through this entire build. Learned a lot and can't wait to see the finished result!!

i think iam gonna try to get this
86626011.jpg

and put some on the bars for when i roll in the dark , 36'' wide black bars could be a hazard :bigsmile:

Do you think the front wheel will flip sideways when you land after a wheelie, with the reverse trail? I love the way it looks leaning forward but that's some sketchy geometry.

Carl.

Do you think the front wheel will flip sideways when you land after a wheelie, with the reverse trail? I love the way it looks leaning forward but that's some sketchy geometry.

Carl.
I think you are being deceived a little by the design Carl, the forks run backwards but the axle is still in front of the pivot line due to the offset clamp area. Very cool optical illusion happening there!

Luke.

well the stem clock does not work anymore and the tire paint does not hold :arghh: the front tire its alright cause it was already black but the rear i will have to get a replacement , it will do for now ..
good thing is i found spokenipples and got the wheels true and mounted , i will have a chance to try it out tomorow :D

Carl.
images

I think you are being deceived a little by the design Carl, the forks run backwards but the axle is still in front of the pivot line due to the offset clamp area. Very cool optical illusion happening there!
Luke.
yeah2.jpg

luke explained it well..
thats also why i made the bars with that much sweep back , it to have the handles closer to the axis of the fork

Did you scuff the tire wall with sandpaper first? That's how I got white paint to stick to the tires on my taxi chopper.

Did you scuff the tire wall with sandpaper first? That's how I got white paint to stick to the tires on my taxi chopper.
sure , but i think the problem is the paint itself , the same that reacted with the primer
its like it dissolved by lightly cleaning the tires with water:39: it started peeling like if it was plastidip almost, but its not:oops:

Latest posts

Back