(MBBO-5 c2)⚜Ride O'clock⚜((FOR SALE))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
axis_zpsi3api5bt.jpg
;)

I am totally enamored with this bike! I don't get the colored lines / angles diagram, or what their individual or collective meanings are? All I can say is, you better keep that opposite pedal back on any sharp turns....toe overlap city! :eek:

I am totally enamored with this bike! I don't get the colored lines / angles diagram, or what their individual or collective meanings are? All I can say is, you better keep that opposite pedal back on any sharp turns....toe overlap city! :eek:
axis_zpsi3api5bt.jpg

light green = ground
orange = steering axis
blue = tire contacting the ground

the space between the orange and blue line on the ground is the ''trail'' positive trail

other lines at the back are just the wheelie angles

for the pedal thing , it can't really hit my toes, the crank is wide and i have the habbit to pedal on my toes like on my road bike

lol wut ? what is 'Y' ? :39::giggle:
Handle bars, obviously. It's right there in the equation. :D

I agree with Chad that the fork/bars do create an illusion. Whether you planned that or not, it's very cool how it appears to have negative trail even though it doesn't.:tmi::nod::shake:

Handle bars, obviously. It's right there in the equation. :D

I agree with Chad that the fork/bars do create an illusion. Whether you planned that or not, it's very cool how it appears to have negative trail even though it doesn't.:tmi::nod::shake:
I'm not quite sure. I'm not trying to cause trouble here, but if you look past the bike and everything else in that diagram, the blue line is not perpendicular to the 'ground' line. So I'm guessing the trail is pretty close to 0, or definitely less than what the lines currently indicate.

ok just say it , you want to see me ride it :21:
1.5'' trail , wheel axle in line with the 10 degre steerer tube
the same story than with my past build i guess

I'm not quite sure. I'm not trying to cause trouble here, but if you look past the bike and everything else in that diagram, the blue line is not perpendicular to the 'ground' line. So I'm guessing the trail is pretty close to 0, or definitely less than what the lines currently indicate.
You can't take the photo literally. The bike is angled and off center creating distortion and also there is fish eye distortion (look at the straight row of pavers). We know that 1HP is very meticulous, so I'm quite sure that he actually measured it. (I also want to see him ride it though)!:bigsmile:

Last edited:
Looking great 1HP!
Looking forward to the ride video!

Luke.
got to find a cameraman volonteer , my entourage seems lazy or to occupied or to far away to do this kind of ''ridiculous stuff'' :oops::dontmentionit:

i compiled the expences and i come with a total of 140$ total for that build, steal/welding wire /cuting disks/old seat/old wheels /paint/leater/yog mat/batteries

bondo/sandpaper were left overs
rear hoop /handles/ crank were a trade/donation for old parts
pedals and head set were from a donor bike for Haul-in(last build)

not half bad :113:
cost allot of time tho:dontmentionit:

Last edited:
i compiled the expences and i come with a total of 140$ total for that build, steal/welding wire /cuting disks/old seat/old wheels /paint/leater/yog mat/batteries

And that's why custom anything is expensive, you have to pay for that time.

That is cheap 1HP!
Did you remember the cost of tires and chain?

Luke.

And that's why custom anything is expensive, you have to pay for that time.
6 weeks part time + profit = 3000$:43:
Thats why i do it my self and have fun and aquire skils in the process

That is cheap 1HP!
Did you remember the cost of tires and chain?

Luke.
tire came with the hoop
+15$ for the chain true!

should have made it bare metal , the cost would have dropped by 70$:bigsmile:

Latest posts

Back