(MBBO#05 Class-2) '68 Junior 7...Looks Like it's Done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This bike is cool!
I wish for once I had a nice seat...
cuz this one is killer.

Carl.

Thank you Carl!!! I hope to make the seat for the Fastback even cushier with some memory foam.

Well when I said I had to work tomorrow I guess I lied. Had an extra personal day to use so what the hey. It's 65 in Nov still!..cooled off from the upper seventies this week.

This one is back together. The next bike from my home planet where Mountain Bikes and BMX Bikes existed before the Muscle Bike.

pt1.jpg

pt2.jpg

Might have to use this Shimano setup again.
pt4.jpg

pt5.jpg

Shifter has a real trigger that you pull with your index finger.
pt3.jpg

Not a bad little Shorty Sting Ray Hot Rod....maybe that should be the name...:39:

Still have to put the seat down for him but I took it for a good test run. I can lift the back tire easy with the front brake.

paint15.jpg

paint14.jpg

Had to do a last minute substitution on the pedals. Not sure on the shiny stem either...:39:..Just a few details to go.

I really do have to go to work tommorow since I called off today...:21::21::21:

Last edited:
I like the new name idea....:wink1:
Bike turned out great. Your mix of old and new parts and technology makes this a bike a kid in the '60s would have dreamed of 'souping up'!
I have a few black aheadset style stems laying around....just sayin'...:bigsmile:

LOVE it! Nice job getting that re-done! I like the seat with the frame color, perfect combination.

I think the stem is great, it has to have a little bling to it! I think if you added some blingy BMX style bear trap pedals it would match the stem and bring it all together. Just my 2 cents :grin:

Very nice Chad, you've done it again!:41:

There should be a rule against photos of happy kids riding build off bikes. It's not fair for the rest of us! :wink1::thumbsup:

Was hoping it wouldn't get enough votes so the fact of having it entered last year becomes an issue. I'm not cheating to win. I'm just cheating because I'm lazy..:21:..and needed some motivation to get this thing done.

We have some fun with the bikes. He does have a phone now and an x-box etc. Been fun since I moved to day shift. We get to spend more time with the bikes together.

I agree on the stem looking out of place, seems too shiny and too long, otherwise awesome bike again!

Luke.
I like the new name idea....:wink1:
Bike turned out great. Your mix of old and new parts and technology makes this a bike a kid in the '60s would have dreamed of 'souping up'!
I have a few black aheadset style stems laying around....just sayin'...:bigsmile:
LOVE it! Nice job getting that re-done! I like the seat with the frame color, perfect combination.

I think the stem is great, it has to have a little bling to it! I think if you added some blingy BMX style bear trap pedals it would match the stem and bring it all together. Just my 2 cents :grin:

Thank you Fellows! I liked the stem too Rob and had some blingy mtb pedals to go with it but they ended up being 9/16. I had my Scrambler out today and asked him if he wanted to try that stem.

stem5.jpg

Slightly shorter, lower and black.

stem6.jpg

He likes that one and the extra length works on my bike so there you go. Little STP sticker or something might be cool on there. We'll see. They're easy to swap if he wants the shiny one back.

Had an impromptu leaf fire after the stem swapping.

stem4.jpg

Will have to start making some photo attempts next week.

Was hoping it wouldn't get enough votes so the fact of having it entered last year becomes an issue. I'm not cheating to win. I'm just cheating because I'm lazy..:21:..and needed some motivation to get this thing done.

We have some fun with the bikes. He does have a phone now and an x-box etc. Been fun since I moved to day shift. We get to spend more time with the bikes together.

Thank you Fellows! I liked the stem too Rob and had some blingy mtb pedals to go with it but they ended up being 9/16. I had my Scrambler out today and asked him if he wanted to try that stem.

View attachment 37465

Slightly shorter, lower and black.

View attachment 37466

He likes that one and the extra length works on my bike so there you go. Little STP sticker or something might be cool on there. We'll see. They're easy to swap if he wants the shiny one back.

Had an impromptu leaf fire after the stem swapping.

View attachment 37467

Will have to start making some photo attempts next week.
That's IT! That stem really does it! The black/chrome thing you have going with the stem/bars, cranks/chain ring, fork/brake caliper, brake clamp / lever....! I know I'm a goofball about colors going with each other and balance, but you have nailed it here now. :41:

Last edited:
Thank you fellas. I was just noticing today how the pyramid on the stem kind of matches the fork dart.

Used this bike for Macro Monday pics again.

Salmon colored pads had the desired effect. Whatever that effect is.

macro2.jpg

macro3.jpg

macro.jpg

Final Photo practice.

done1.jpg

Love this Duplicolor metallic black. This is just their regular metallic black not a car color.

done2.jpg

Took pics of this one today but worked on the Fastback. Just need to find that one missing shaft collar..:39:..and I'll have the Siss-spension working on that.

Not a Junior anymore. More like a Senior!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you guys so much. OJ you can see the look on his face in the pic where he's checking it out for the first time. He likes it.

Gonna go ahead and call this done. Will post up a finished thread soon. Thanks for all of the encouragement. Made it nice being able to play along and get this thing finished.

In other news...I whooped him on the 1 gear Fastback on the way to the swings. :p No swinging for me tho...:crazy2:

swing.jpg

Latest posts

Back