(MBBO#05 Class 2) the UNVEGA- sneak peek & ride vid. all done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice !
hope the drop ou fix works fine , should not be to noticable
i really like that you let the holes and the full lenght of the seat stays , it kind of tells the story of its previous road bike life

Thanks ONE H. P. , pretty sure it will be fine. I had the crank on yesterday and actually rode it up the road a bit...and the back tire was rubbing against one stay. So. I first tried to spread the stays with a jack...clink...snapped the weld on the little bracket that holds the fender..then chewed up the inside of the stays...had to smooth out and reshoot them.. what a day..I felt like I was goin backwards..:doh:
The tire is probably not exactly 'level ' in the dropouts but its goodenuff. , I worked waaay to long to try to get it 'perfect' ..but hey, that ain't gonna happen. :bigsmile:
And, I did want to keep the original holes in the BB instead of putting a smooth one on.. and keep the seatstays for just the reason you stated, show some vestige of the parent bike.
:happy:

And awayyyy we go....I'll start at the rear and work my way towards front..You can see I have the dérailleur on and wired...haven't gotten to shifter yet..
View attachment 39113

.and, thinking about this old kickstand that I pulled off of some old beater...

View attachment 39114

OK...I sure hope everyone is doing fine..no one melting down I hope
Almost time to wrap it up..remember, there's no crying in bike building...:happy:
franco
I used the same kick stand. It's cheap made but seems to work fine.

You know, as I'm building this bike it occurred to me that I never even rode a muscle bike...and I still haven't.....:bigsmile:

I must have missed that whole era...and when my 3 boys were young..it was the late 80s...I remember fixing a lot of beaters from the "take it or leave it pile" at the landfill to keep those little dudes movin'. :thumbsup:

Shifting Gears? Not Yet..tomorrow I hope. Spent yesterday fabricating up some clamps and other little brackets and stuff that I need to attach some 'stuff'. mostly grinding , tapping, fitting, a little welding...and today...finishing the parts , fitting, testing..and I was interrupted by a few 'buyers' for some of my CL bikes..seems like it was bike day...sold two..so that was great. Yaaaay

So what the heck did you do all day Franco? OK...I added a cool chrome rack to the back.

chromerack.jpg

and, still fabbing up my whack-O shifter...all parts from the 'junk' bin. I'm looking at a working shifter by tomorrow afternoon...we'll see. :happy:
4 days., ok guys, we can do this, good luck to all
Franco
shifter.jpg

I think it should stay light longer though. Nice Florida sky as I was wrapping it up today....

sunset.jpg

Yeah that ^ ! Looks almost like you planned it that way...;) Frame flows right into the rack.
That shifter, has to be the 'hot' handle, right...?
:grin:

Wow! Amazing fabrication Work! Looks factory to me!

Thank you Advhog....appreciate that coming from a fine fellow builder...

Yeah that ^ ! Looks almost like you planned it that way...;) Frame flows right into the rack.
:grin:

Ha...if I had that much foresight, I'd be dangerous...some things fall into place once you have the basic bike built....other things...ummmm....not so much.:13:
funny-maintenance-pic.gif

I think I made it 11:59pm December 1st USA Central time.
I fudged the extra 23 hours 59 minutes in for everyone... ;)

Just use the countdown timer, that will be used for official closing the finished threads etc...

Luke.

I think I made it 11:59pm December 2nd USA Central time.
I fudged the extra 23 hours 59 minutes in for everyone... ;)

Just use the countdown timer, that will be used for official closing the finished threads etc...

Luke.
Hey Luke, maybe make an announcement in a new thread indicating that different time frame. Prob a couple guys on here that could use the extra day!

Hey Luke, maybe make an announcement in a new thread indicating that different time frame. Prob a couple guys on here that could use the extra day!
Luke meant the first. not the 2nd....I may have started this because I asked a question about ending....it ends on Midnite December 1st CMT US

Luke meant the first. not the 2nd....I may have started this because I asked a question about ending....it ends on Midnite December 1st CMT US
Sorry, I messed up, it is 11:59 pm on the FIRST!
I get confused because it is 4:59 pm on the 2nd here locally... :crazy2:

Fixed my post above... :thumbsup:

Luke.

Latest posts

Back