(MBBO#05 Class-2) Mean Mr Mustard...1x9 Install Begins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you've got me thinking I should have dropped my seat off at your place and said have at it.
I'm not finished with upholstery yet, but it won't look anywhere near that good.
I think your'e on to something here Falstaff. Chad's Custom Saddles....sideline business...?

And of course, they would be fondly referred to as "Chad-dles".....:crazy:

Great job!:41:
index.php

Thank you guys!!

The yellow seat really seems to have sassed this baby up.

I like that pic too Luke. I just wish it wasn't so hazy. Might have to re-visit that scenario in some better light if we get some.

Made another photo attempt today. Still really cloudy and dark here. Front of the seat could come up a hair too I think...:39:

seat13.jpg

I think your'e on to something here Falstaff. Chad's Custom Saddles....sideline business...?

I don't know if I'd try to tackle that king/queen seat.

And of course, they would be fondly referred to as "Chad-dles".....:crazy:

:21:

Just took these 2 out for a spin. Here's what the cool kids are riding these days in our neighborhood..:D

ride.jpg

To bad all the kids don't get to ride bikes like that.

You guys have redefined 'cool'!
:thumbsup:

Luke.

Well the boy certainly looks cool on his ride. I'm under no delusion that I look cool on a 20 inch kid's bike but I do enjoy riding them.:p

He's also been calling this bike "The Mustard Bike" since he saw the seat so that name has kind of stuck.

Made another attempt at some pics today. Wasn't really expecting this bike to be much of a looker.

done1.jpg

done2.jpg

done4.jpg

done3.jpg

done8.jpg

done5.jpg

I think I'll probably end up using my first pic of it with the seat for the final pic unless we get some really good weather in the next few days. Cropped it a little different and zoomed it in.

done7.jpg

There's a chance I might get another pic but there's always a great chance I'll be lazy and keep this one. It all kind of gets to be like work at this point...:21:

Will be posting the finished thread up soon.

Last edited:
Love that pic!
Love the seat. If "Chad-dles" becomes a thing, you know I'll be a customer.

What glue do you use? Someone said spray 3M, and I tried that on my seat, but the sides aren't doing great.
I'm using Sikaflex high strength spray fix on mine, and it is high strength!

Luke.

Nevermind, this is Ohio. Now it says rain.

Well i won't hold my breath for greatness in front of the red fence...+ tues is a work day for me so a photo shoot might be iffy. Finished thread is looming like an un-finished tax return so I'll probably post up with what I have now.

What glue do you use? Someone said spray 3M, and I tried that on my seat, but the sides aren't doing great.

Thanks CRASH! I just used some Permatex re-positionable carpet and headliner adhesive. I've heard there is some 3m that's what most people use. Key thing is to spray it on both surfaces and let it dry like contact cement.

This is the first one I've glued in a while. None of the originals I've taken apart have had the cover glued. Just the foam. If you heat cycle the vinyl you can get it to hold it's new shape pretty well.

This one felt a little loose after I rode on it though so I actually took it apart and sprayed glue on the edges of the cover and pulled it a little tighter. Will probably use the glue from now on but they will stay without it if you get the cover tucked in there just right

Love that pic!

Thank you Luke. Your first comment is kind of what made me decide it would be a good one to use. Seems to be a good angle for the bike. +I get real lazy about taking pics when it's cold and wet out.

I used loctite spray adhesive on mine, works great. But a bandana isn't made of vinyl.

The chain on the fence is very distracting IMO. I took the liberty of cropping one of your earlier photos that I like better. Hope you don't mind.

Yeah I see that now...:39:...+ no I don't mind...crop all you like.
I appreciate the feedback.

I'll have to keep that in mind for the next photo shoot in front of the fence. Gonna be working the rest of this BO.

Took the chain out of this one but it might be too bright. Not wild about the glowing reflector but I do like how the yellow on the grip shows up.

done20.jpg

..and the other one with the chain removed..:39:

done19.jpg

Last edited:
I like the one with the basketball in it Chad. Little bit of sun in the right places. Maybe TRM can take the chain out of that pic? To me, it looks like a kid rode his bike to the court, shot around for awhile, and then busted his butt home for lunch....just in the nick of time. That Fastback was just what he needed to make the dinner bell.....

That first one really has the paint glowing in the sun, love it, if you could get that same effect without the chain it would be perfect, I don't mind the chain though...

Luke.

Thank you Luke. I didn't notice it either until it was pointed out then I could see how it kind of messes with the lines of the bike. I did a version of that top pic without the chain.

I like the one with the basketball in it Chad. Little bit of sun in the right places. Maybe TRM can take the chain out of that pic? To me, it looks like a kid rode his bike to the court, shot around for awhile, and then busted his butt home for lunch....just in the nick of time. That Fastback was just what he needed to make the dinner bell.....

Yeah I like that one too OJ. I actually switched my top one to that now. I took the chain out of those other 2 pics but I think it's in a much better spot in that pic and I'm not digging the doctored photos too much.

I like using that spot because the light will hit the bike and the fence is in the shadow. Not a great gimmick but it's the only gimmick I've got..:p

Here's a more zoomed out view with the basketball that I've had as my wallpaper for a few days. Kept wondering what the cropped versions were missing...:21:

done18.jpg

Latest posts

Back