Careful of the 'OUTLAW!' (RIDING AT LAST!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If the weather is reasonable over the summer, I am hoping to get this one finished too, still lots of work to do, but I have everything needed to finish it!

I don't have any pics of how it sat at the end of BOTEN as I was doing video updates for the most part, but here is how it sits now:

2017-01-01 15.46.11.jpg

A few cool touches on this one, but with the fork length and rake involved it is a show pony for the most part, but as always I make sure my builds are ridable and functional.

Single sided rear with a 17x8 rim mounting a 180x17 motorbike tire, front end is an underslung leafspring set up, which I don't think has ever been done before, front wheel is a 21x3 rim mounting a 90/90/21 motorbike tire.

It currently has a 7 speed megarange freewheel and jackshaft mounted discbrake, I am not sure if that will stay or if it will be changed to single speed for a cleaner look.

I have some 'Indian Red' metalflake, and a hide and a half of honey/caramel coloured Kangaroo leather put aside for the finishing touches, so it should be a real looker when it is done.

If you want to catch up on the build so far, here is the old build thread: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/boten-outlaw-withdrawn-from-the-build-off.91866/

If you want to catch up on the video posts, I have a playlist on my Youtube you can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAJhqbG6roPd8iUhpC473UznU4UbEyrFx

My first focus during this build-off is the 'Back40' build, so it may be a little while before progress happens here...

Was wondering when you was going to finish this one... Has a cool concept going on.

Yeah! i saw the begining of this one on your youtube and wondered were this one was at:39: , this is a cool one! :rockout:

Hope you get to this. One of my favorites of yours. So this will have the "drag fork effect"? Bet those motorcycle tires would be great rollers but it will be one cool show piece!
I added a lot of rake to the headtube to eliminate the swing action as much as possible, but pretty sure there will still be some as the forks are longer than the frame!

I had forgotten how far along you had gotten with this one.
Probably one of the most anticipated builds out there. I think EVERYONE wants to see this sick build come to life.

Man i was bummed when u could not get this bike done. Glad to see u back get er done

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

I had forgotten how far along you had gotten with this one.
Probably one of the most anticipated builds out there. I think EVERYONE wants to see this sick build come to life.
Including me!
Yeah buddy! I see you have the girder fork built, did you get the leaf springer added?

Carl.
The leaf is mounted and the wishbone shaped brace that wraps around the wheel is made, but I still need to make the rocker plates and put it all together, looking forward to that day to see if the idea works in real life!
Yeah I wanna see this one too, that front fork
set up with the underside leaf spring is neat!
:thumbsup:
That's the one Luke [emoji95]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the verdict on the videos? Should I keep doing them or just stick to normal posts?
Cool, a bigger version of the Motomag rims..!
Yeah, I like the idea, not sure if that will happen yet or if it will stay a plain 5 spoke, will depend on timing and if I feel like the meters upon meters of welding required...
Man i was bummed when u could not get this bike done. Glad to see u back get er done

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
:113: Should be able to the way the other build is going!

Latest posts

Back