Schwinn Hollywood gender bender - all but finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your tire combo looks like a great fit for that build. If you want, you can change your upload of pics from using photobucket (I used that for my first 2 builds here before I changed), to just clicking on the 'Upload a File' button at the bottom of your post. Then choose your file from your phone gallery or pictures on your computer, and the choose 'Full Image' to add it to your post. This allows us to zoom in on the photo and get a nice close look at your progress!

RaT oN! :thumbsup:

Your tire combo looks like a great fit for that build. If you want, you can change your upload of pics from using photobucket (I used that for my first 2 builds here before I changed), to just clicking on the 'Upload a File' button at the bottom of your post. Then choose your file from your phone gallery or pictures on your computer, and the choose 'Full Image' to add it to your post. This allows us to zoom in on the photo and get a nice close look at your progress!

Get outta here. That'd be awesome. I was having a hard time believing that Photobucket was still the only way to do it these days. :)|

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

I tweaked the chainguard to better follow the chainring.

Attachments

• 20170122_191550.jpg
    20170122_191550.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 290
Nice stretch on that old middleweight.
That bike is coming together like you read about.

plus...you're giving me some ideas here about possibilities for my old '57 ladies spitfire frame that's buried in shed#2 somewhere.
:happy:
franco

Remember to keep your pics under 1600x1600 pixels though!
The forum will let you get away bigger pics for a little while, but then it will block you out and RatRod will have to go in manually and unblock you!

Sorry about the lack of updates - I got distracted with my blue Fastback; I liked the idea of owning it but never liked riding it. I finally sat down and thought about what I didn't like, and the first change on the list was changing the 20" crank to a 24". I adjusted the seat, put on a OG tire that wasn't split, and now I can't believe how much fun it is to ride! All those year wasted with it hanging in the garage!

Winter is taking a break in SD this week, so I put the Hollywood back together for some R&D riding. I'd like to ride it a bunch to make sure I like everything about it, then start molding the frame and heading towards paint. I need to choose a color asap so I can get my smooth white Stingray seat redone in a matching hue. I like a white seat, but it seems like it'd be dirty constantly.

Had the bikes out today. Man it was good to remember the simple joy of riding around the block and up and down the driveway!
Here's the Hollywood next to my Fastback for size and shape reference. They're both lots of fun to ride.

I dug up a real Stingray seat; can't beat these for size and shape.

Seat post clamp.

Latest posts

Back