BACK40 returns!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frame looks great with the white paint. Looks like fun part from here on with this one?
Yep, should be!
Thats a really good looking frame Luke ! she looks nice and shiny !
Thanks!
What a great frame by you Lukester!! Nice job. Way cool. :thumbsup:
Thanks!

Got the stickers on:

2017-02-24 21.44.14.jpg

We were short on funds when we ordered them, so I got them printed on a white background and not profile cut, the white surround does show a little as it is a different shade of white, but it still looks good. I'm happy! :thumbsup:

The paint is so bright white it is hard to get a good pic of... :confused:

Seems like the backing blends in pretty well, I couldn't see it.

What's the hub spacing on the fork and rear dropout again? And is your head tube a 1"?

Just trying to compare with some of the modern hub spacing on the multitude of mtb models available today. Looking good Luke! Can't wait to see the parts on it! :inlove:

Seems like the backing blends in pretty well, I couldn't see it.

What's the hub spacing on the fork and rear dropout again? And is your head tube a 1"?

Just trying to compare with some of the modern hub spacing on the multitude of mtb models available today. Looking good Luke! Can't wait to see the parts on it! :inlove:
Both hubs are rear BMX trick bike hubs, so 14mm axles and a O.L.D. of 115mm, headtube is 1 1/8th threadless.

I'm looking forward to seeing it done too!
:rockout:

Sweet Luke! Let's get that baby in the dirt! The saddle is perfect on there. And is that a quick-release seat clamp?! Nice touch. :41:

Ride Vid! Ride Vid! Ride Vid! :nod::nod::nod:

Sweet Luke! Let's get that baby in the dirt! The saddle is perfect on there. And is that a quick-release seat clamp?! Nice touch. :41:

Ride Vid! Ride Vid! Ride Vid! :nod::nod::nod:
Yep, ended up with a quick release on there. Ride video will happen, just need to wait on my health a bit more or find someone willing to ride while I video...
Very nice Luke, very nice. :41:
Thanks TRM!

I believe that frame is a Trek Sawyer . It's a 29" trow back to the klunker . It can also be set up as a Kevlar bet drive single speed. They don't make that bike anymore but they still pop up once and a while . If it is a swyer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that frame is a Trek Sawyer . It's a 29" trow back to the klunker . It can also be set up as a Kevlar bet drive single speed. They don't make that bike anymore but they still pop up once and a while . If it is a swyer

I think that is a frame he built, I may be wrong?
Cool whatever it is!

Maybe but very similar to the Trek sawyer . Google it and check one out . Cheers [emoji16]

Similar for sure!
23262.png

Just realised that one of Sklar Bike's other bikes was actually in my design idea file for Back40:

DSC_3398+(1500x1000).jpg

Not surprising they have similarities! :21:

Latest posts

Back