Stretch-liner V3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking great so far.
Nice lines and sweet components

number 5.jpg
number 6.jpg
number 7.jpg
number 8.jpg

The rest of the fab is done! All gears are working and it rides great. I am planning to tear down for paint work, but I have had a lot of feedback regarding keeping it bare. I have a few bare metal bikes already. Thought?

Your build, with it's relatively thin tubes, lends itself well to a 'bare' look. Unless you pick a really bright and bold color, I think it would lose it's effect; because the surface area for paint is smaller. Does that make sense?

Somehow with the bare tubes, it has a more 'skeletal' look, like prototype / industrial. I like it, has a great rat vibe, and really sets off the fat rims and tires. :thumbsup:

And as always...would love to see a ride vid!:nod:

Your build, with it's relatively thin tubes, lends itself well to a 'bare' look. Unless you pick a really bright and bold color, I think it would lose it's effect; because the surface area for paint is smaller. Does that make sense?

Somehow with the bare tubes, it has a more 'skeletal' look, like prototype / industrial. I like it, has a great rat vibe, and really sets off the fat rims and tires. :thumbsup:

And as always...would love to see a ride vid!:nod:

I appreciate the insight. I believe I may just leave it bare and varnish it. There is a bit of detailing needed to clean it up, but I think I'm up for it.

Very cool bike!
Does the thinner tube make it noticably lighter?
Sometimes no matter what, the components all add up and these custom bikes get heavy!

Very cool bike!
Does the thinner tube make it noticably lighter?
Sometimes no matter what, the components all add up and these custom bikes get heavy!

Its not the lightest thing in the world, but yes, the frame itself is fairly light. With the fork, wheel/tire combo, and front rack, its pretty heavy. Id say its on par with most of my heavyweights/ballooners like The Super Deluxe and x53

Latest posts

Back