The Grocery Getter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turned out great! Love the extra OEM bumpers.:grin:

Now you need one of these coin operated locks!
shopping_cart_coin_lock.jpg

You do realize the deadline isn't until Monday night? But you didn't need the extra day after all.
I love this build man!
Congrats!

You do realize the deadline isn't until Monday night? But you didn't need the extra day after all.
I love this build man!
Congrats!

I was, from the beginning of the build off, determined to have this finished by Sunday, Aug 6 because Aug 7 here in Ontario, Canada is a holiday and if I needed anything material-wise to finish it off last minute, I'd been screwed today because nothing would be open. Turns out though most places around are open, only banks and government services are closed, lol.
So I push onward now. Still have time for the fancy fork treatment...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turned out great! Love the extra OEM bumpers.:grin:

Now you need one of these coin operated locks!
shopping_cart_coin_lock.jpg

I wish! Those are tough to come by (other than snatching a whole cart from a grocery store today, lol)
I work right next to a homeless shelter so my stock has come from discarded models from those who have "traded up" to those newer models with the new fancier options. None of those are on the market in the used cart lot around my workplace yet.
:grin:

Last edited:
Losing the big green monster on the front, adding another "licence plate" on the front in its place and fancy-ing up the front forks
It's Ontario after all, we have to have a plate on the front and the back of our vehicles here.
:)
(As WBO 2017 Pork Chop takes in the whole scene from the background...)
a59377542a1828139864542d10ce247c.jpg
d85225fdd26fe915b0d241d5a03c84c6.jpg

Last edited:
Now you're DONE!

I was thinking the same thing..grocery bags with plastic fruit, empty milk cartons (the paper kind from long ago), celery stalks, a 12 pk carton (empty, but sealed) of pop in the bottom of one basket, etc. all sticking up from the paper sack. And yes, the check out aisle would be cool! Or, just outside the doors with the market logo in the background, ala @kingfish254 Rockafella parked outside the theater marque. You could still do it, Troy. And send it to @Rat Rod for his photo calendar contest, if he's doing that again this year....

BTW, really glad to see your vote count rising....you deserve it! Super cool idea, well designed and executed with a touch of whimsy. Rat rod bikes to a 'T' ! RaT oN!

I was thinking the same thing..grocery bags with plastic fruit, empty milk cartons (the paper kind from long ago), celery stalks, a 12 pk carton (empty, but sealed) of pop in the bottom of one basket, etc. all sticking up from the paper sack. And yes, the check out aisle would be cool! Or, just outside the doors with the market logo in the background, ala @kingfish254 Rockafella parked outside the theater marque. You could still do it, Troy. And send it to @Rat Rod for his photo calendar contest, if he's doing that again this year....
I had the perfect opportunity to do that. My daughter works at a grocery store but because Monday was a holiday here nothing was open so couldn't get it totally completed before.
I will make it happen though for sure.

I'm picturing it piled to the top with an assortment of groceries as OJ described (celery stalks are perfect btw) but without the bags. No bags because you would be sitting on the bike calmly waiting in line behind someone with a full cart at the check out.:21: Priceless!

You could actually get pictures at every stage. Shopping, waiting, paying, riding out the door and riding past the cart corral.:D

YES ^ ! That's even better! Can you tell TRM and I are having a 'post-build off blues' creative moment?!~ :21:

It's really a "Bug Out" bike, in disguise.

IMO, this bike deserves a top 5 spot.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back