Huffy the Wheel III in the works..

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just painted this one like the catalog...
b604c63c250cafed4a8e2001b3e34d11.jpg
d7f276157a36ba5690d32d84e6b3d902.jpg

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Very cool! I just picked up some NOS tires for that bike actually.

index.php

Looking good! Do you sand or polish the steering wheel at all? I have a couple used blue ones and wondered what people do to polish them.

Looking good! Do you sand or polish the steering wheel at all? I have a couple used blue ones and wondered what people do to polish them.
I’m curious too. I think that the same wheel and collar I have. I’d like to get it looking a bit nicer. Might be using it in next years musclebike buildoff if it cleans up better.

Restoring these wheels is no different then a bike. Fix the broken spots and cracks. Sand smooth, then paint, clear, polish. These wheels have cracks and missing pieces a lot of the time. The centers go out of round sometimes so you have to sand the center cap edge to make it fit. You see restored wheel bikes but not the steering wheels. Nice Job!

Made a batch of repop column covers so I can get the bike finished up..
868f7d5648d872d9110ff7a814d9aa87.jpg

What are the colors? Is that a green with red?
Candy lemon with candy red fade. Yellow over silver comes out yellow/green

Most of the steering wheels I've had just need a light polishing. I normally use 3Mlifgt duty compound. Hand rub it out. I have a blue wheel that's cracked that I'm planning to do like Jaxon and repair/respray it. Thankfully this red one is pretty decent condition. Just a light bit if fade.
bd80b77102a905ba271700be0f2334cf.jpg

Those are awesome!

Did you try molding them with the taper in the middle like the originals? That would be cool too.

I've always wondered if I could just cut the bottom off a huge funnel to make a column, would be way cheaper for me.

Those are awesome!

Did you try molding them with the taper in the middle like the originals? That would be cool too.

I've always wondered if I could just cut the bottom off a huge funnel to make a column, would be way cheaper for me.
Great idea! It wouldn’t be to hard to add glitter to a resin kit and fill a funnel. I’d think you’d need some mold releasing solution to the funnel and gooseneck.
I might have to hit the hobby lobby tomorrow to see what’s available. Then auto parts store for a tall funnel.

Latest posts

Back