Faux Pedersen Ortho

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm digging the rear trusses, but even though they had optional racks, the rack takes away from the build and the flow of things in my opinion. It reminds me of when I see racks under banana seats.

This thing is classy :41:
Coming from a creative young man I’m proud to read your comment, thanks!
I'm digging the rear trusses, but even though they had optional racks, the rack takes away from the build and the flow of things in my opinion. It reminds me of when I see racks under banana seats.
Yah KF, racks always seem to be the kids of death in this forum. I’m just amazed that the rack and rods meshed together without any interference.
Thinking about it, I do sorta have a banana seat. The leather is basically hanging loose between the front and rear brackets. If I keep it it will need some cross cording like the more expensive Brooks saddles. I was thinking if I leave the rear tension rods silver and the rack black they might work together visually and compliment each other.
I appreciate your critique and interest.
You pay amazing attention to detail. Each time I look, I see another sweet little detail. Nice work!
I’m probably anal retentive in regards to details. It comes from years of teaching, architectural design and detailing along with writing architectural specifications. I’m glad you are noticing the details, thank you.
This is awkwardly cool to me, I dig it!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is an awkward looking bike. To me that is the appeal. It’s different from the frames we are programmed to usually see. Somewhat like evolution in reverse but somewhat mimics chopper bikes. Thank you sir!
f1e6712bcb75fe1bc0111a6108f7fdbc.jpg

This graphic somewhat mirrors my bike experience over the years.

It looks a LOT like the picture. Really cool bike!

[emoji106][emoji106]
Thanks for the props, my goal has been to try to stay somewhat true to the original look. It has an interesting ride. I’m liking it, guess that’s what it all about. Rat on!

"You pay amazing attention to detail. Each time I look, I see another sweet little detail. Nice work!
I’m probably anal retentive in regards to details."
@sdframe

" It comes from years of teaching, architectural design and detailing along with writing architectural specifications. I’m glad you are noticing the details, thank you."
@MazdaFlyer

Couple of teachers on the same track.
Takes one to know one! :wink1:

Got to thinking...not sure I’ve ever seen banana seat bike with a rack. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

Got to thinking...not sure I’ve ever seen banana seat bike with a rack. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

I've never seen one from the factory that way, but I have some adult builds that have been done with a banana seat on a bike that has a rack.

I've never seen one from the factory that way, but I have some adult builds that have been done with a banana seat on a bike that has a rack.
I found an answer to my question about banana seat bike with a rack.
be75c695273ba5d571001cf3da8b9eee.jpg

Here’s a contemporary Pedersen...with a rack. Image from the Pedersen Bicycles web site.
520d911e012f6fb7f88b776fd919e66f.jpg

Last edited:
ad1f7e0a9168418e362c38e0f6a2fa9b.jpg

Faux Pedersen Ortho...started as a Virtue Ortho frame.

Last edited:
I really like all the blue details.
I received new metal backed reflectors today. They should look better that the plastic ones. Thanks @sdframe.
96cea767bbf2b8d41234f63f7849bdb3.jpg

cd7f5ecff72124e4c6500364f84b6c4e.jpg

Last edited:
cf0f7e67243c5fb4a26b63dbfb21d763.jpg

Keep seeing this one for sale locally and I don't think the rack looks half bad... maybe its just the design of the rack. Not sure I've ever seen a fender light on a muscle bike either but there it is. I think its a ROSS.

Big jewel refector...$2.50 in antique store.
3f0ac4cc8bb9303e37893a073c1a270f.jpg
2db3a3ab940623e004415a5099502425.jpg

Latest posts

Back