'Swing Blade.. MBBO class 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
Been collecting parts for this for a little while ago. I am entering time challenged, but have vacation planned a couple times in the 4 month BO.

Taking this old girls bike and flipping it upside down. The plan is to cut and hinge it in the middle to get a little swing action.

The $10 forks are heavy, but kinda cool on there.

20181001_100208.jpeg

It starts as a Flipped Humpy bike

Looks like you are gonna have fun with this one, MC! Hope you don't become 'unhinged' during the process....:grin:

Saw this and just started singing this in my head...

Looks like a pretty cool start, love it already.

I've used fender washers with extra holes tapped and drilled to match the fender mounts to keep my axles in the upside down dropouts. Other guys cut the frames and only flip the front half. It'll be fun to see what you come up with.

Carl.

Looks like you are gonna have fun with this one, MC! Hope you don't become 'unhinged' during the process....:grin:
It all hinges on how well it welds together. ...:grin:
Saw this and just started singing this in my head...

Looks like a pretty cool start, love it already.
I heard it too... hehe
I've used fender washers with extra holes tapped and drilled to match the fender mounts to keep my axles in the upside down dropouts. Other guys cut the frames and only flip the front half. It'll be fun to see what you come up with.

Carl.
I like the look with the stays like that also. Matches the angle of the hump. I hope to have a similar line when done. [emoji48]

...I calls it a sling blade.

Carl.
Swing Blade! Cool! Changing it up top.

Been thinking a lot about paint. Thinking of a dull silver top, metallic silver bottom, with some clear orange/copper overlayed on the sides and bottom.

Shiny on bottom, dull on top.

Add a similar effect to the wheels, except a rust colored half oval on the dull end, like they were sitting in water rusting for a year or two.

Will see how close I can make it.

Interesting mashup of lady bumps and french fried taters...

hqdefault.jpg

Some people calls it a Kaiser bike...
I calls it a Swing Blade!

Carl.

Latest posts

Back