Irish springer ...class 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some more mocked up today trying to figure out what to use for the backrest. Cut a piece to fit inside the sissy bar and cut out a clover but think it takes away from the shape of the sissy bar.
20181029_184621.jpg

20181029_184012.jpg
20181029_184217.jpg

I have the same rear slick on my build, 77 Sunset Strip. Mine's black wall, I really like the white wall version you've got!

I have the same rear slick on my build, 77 Sunset Strip. Mine's black wall, I really like the white wall version you've got!
Yeah I like the white wall too. It's exactly the tyre I wanted on Silver Angel but impossible to get here in NZ and too expensive to get shipped from overseas.

Glen.

Got it off eBay around $20 with shipping took like a week 1 1/2 to get and seller was located few hours away got stuff from California quicker :39: :confused:

When I searched online for the Duro tyre, there were lots of places selling them but few that shipped to New Zealand and when they did, the cost was too much. I went to every bike shop in town looking for ANY 20 x 2.125 white wall tyre and there's nothing. One place even phoned around his suppliers and still nothing... that's life in NZ.:rolleyes:

Glen.

Got a little 12" bike that has a adjustable shock and wondered how it would look and work inplace of the spring. Was too long to use with the crown I have and didn't like the extended twisted metal ones so I grabbed a flat piece of metal and figured out my measurement and laid out my design.
20181105_193917.jpg

Made the bends and cuts
20181105_173131.jpg

Still need to do some cleaning up and maybe try n give it a little design. Got lucky the end of the shock was threaded and screwed into the spot where the bolt screwed into.

Haven't gotten much of anything done with this time change and the only place I have to work is outside. By the time i get home from work not long before it gets dark. But have managed to figure out how I'm going to attach the tank halves and some way to mount a brake. Also got some primer on the frame today since I got off work a little early.
20181118_133634.jpg
20181123_164453.jpg

Was able to get some painting done this past weekend got the base color on the frame
20181127_190847.jpg

The gold on the forks and other parts that will be gold but only got pics of the forks
20181127_190909.jpg
I also recovered my seat got some green boat vinyl first time ever attempting to do it don't think it turned ok still need to figure out something for where the seat bolts to the sissy bar.
20181126_235611.jpg

Latest posts

Back