Project Energia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally the work on the frame is almost finished! It even managed to catch a bit of rust while waiting for me to be done with it for the whole summer :D
IMG_4553.JPG

Done with tail light fins. Now they are almost perfectly straight :D
IMG_4554.JPG

Just a bit more fine filing will be needed to loosen up the space a bit, since after powder coating the lights will sit there even tighter.
IMG_4555.JPG

The fork legs are cut to length and capped.
IMG_4556.JPG

Now the last bit of work for the frame is to put some nut-rivets for the cable guides, and the bike is ready to be painted! I think in the end i will make it yellow :)

Now that is really something cool! Is that a headlight from Romet export bikes? :39:

Now that is really something cool! Is that a headlight from Romet export bikes? :39:
No, that one is modern Chinese one. Probably they got inspiration from that one :D
This is just temporary one, so i can test ride and be street legal :D I am planning to build a cool custom headlight for it and already bought the body for it.

No, that one is modern Chinese one. Probably they got inspiration from that one :D
This is just temporary one, so i can test ride and be street legal :D I am planning to build a cool custom headlight for it and already bought the body for it.

Nice! On the other hand - I really like how that chineese one looks ;)

The holes for internal cable guiding are done.
IMG_4578.JPG

Cable test-fitted, using new rubber grommets.
IMG_4579.JPG

Frame number got stamped first, but i am not satisfied with the depth of those stamps. Apparently just hitting the numbers with a hammer is not enough to get a nice deep stamp, or maybe i am doing something wrong. Anyway, i went on and engraved the number over the stamp. Should be readable now.
IMG_4580.JPG

Now the bike is sent to a powder-coater. They are busy lately, so i think it will be done in a week or two. Then we go to final assembly.

Latest posts

Back