Let the Trike builders unite...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought it might be fun to have a thread of all the Trikes in the build off. So please post your trikes here and let's have fun.

Here is mine at the start.
u6adyjup.jpg

And now as it sits
a3etu6a6.jpg

e2y8u3u6.jpg

Our own trike thread sounds good to me. A little early so I'm on my phone and haven't figured out how to post photos so I'll get some coming soon. I am fixing to order the same adapters today. Talk to y'all soon.

Our own trike thread sounds good to me. A little early so I'm on my phone and haven't figured out how to post photos so I'll get some coming soon. I am fixing to order the same adapters today. Talk to y'all soon.
Nice to have one more trike build on it's way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice thread & a neat idea to have all the trikes in one are.

Your build is looking good Rhys, what size wheels will you be running on it?
Thank you :)
I'm running a 22 inch on the front and a 10 inch on the back
peveve4u.jpg
4ynutynu.jpg

White walls all round ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My donors

CE015292-F11E-4858-834A-29AE0DE6F24D_zpspu1ndydg.jpg

73FEA7CB-7980-4694-BA72-9CD7202AC2A0_zpskl9zm22y.jpg

As of now

46FF523C-E00F-4A0E-8F0E-03352A4F43EC_zpsbjhihrwu.jpg

I'm trying to keep the cost down as much as possible and the drive train (axle, adapter, freewheel, hub bearings) are gonna hit me pretty good so I'll be limited on the way I would like actually build it.

Last edited:
Here is my trike I am working on...a 1980 Schwinn Town and Country I was given for Christmas. And no, I am not using the Radio Flyer. ;)

Don't you mean UNITE and not UNIT?
:p

Here's my starting point. Not entirely sure what all changes I will be making other than the following: seat has to go, apes may go for some more swept back bars, gonna try to cram a tank in there, basket will be replaced with a wooden box with speakers (solar powered hopefully) and growler holsters, and some sort of suicide style shifter for a nexus 3 speed. A spring would be cool too.
ubuteqev.jpg

Here's my starting point. Not entirely sure what all changes I will be making other than the following: seat has to go, apes may go for some more swept back bars, gonna try to cram a tank in there, basket will be replaced with a wooden box with speakers (solar powered hopefully) and growler holsters, and some sort of suicide style shifter for a nexus 3 speed. A spring would be cool too.
ubuteqev.jpg
How tall are the apes and if you don't use them would you be willing to sell? I may be interested. I was thinking about making my own and going with something ridiculous but if the price is right.

10-4. I'd prefer black anyway. Nothing much to update with me. I've been painting and waiting on parts. Hopefully I'll have axle, wheels, tires and crank on and some pics over the weekend. Well maybe one more pic with the broomstick axle. LOL

Latest posts

Back