Another Love Letter: BONEEN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woohoo, Baby Doll! We got our Fourth of July ride in! Maybe we can make that one of our little traditions. Surely was a lovely evening. Hurricane Arthur passing by to our east just took all the heat and humidity right along with it, and left us perfection. That was a lot of fun.

Here are our bikes kind of looking like an old Schwinn advertisement, if Schwinn had seen the rat thing coming...

Your bike looked fantastic this evening, and it was great to see your homemade streamers sailing in the wind...

Blastin' down the trail like a couple of ten-year olds...

I've photoshopped a thousand pics, but not this one. Just hung the camera down and snapped with no idea what would come of it. Pretty cool!

Our bikes are put away for the day, all snuggled up together down in the basement, waiting for their next day in the sun...

I had a lot of fun today with you Baby Doll. Thanks for all your love.

Love,
American Style.

Looks like a match made in Heaven!

then... 9 months later...

00005.jpg

Furyus, I wanna baby now!! Look at this cute baby bike!!

Wow, Baby Doll! I'm honored and thrilled! I think you'll be an excellent mother, warm and caring. Of course, we'll really have to tighten our belts and you know what that means - no puppy.

You know what they say around here: we need to "get ta buildin'!" if we're going to get us a baby!

Gonna be a baby daddy!

Yours.

Dear Furyus,

I see you trying to use reverse psychology on me! Saying if we have a screaming crying messy baby, we can’t afford an adorable little non-destructive puppy. Well maybe if our life savings weren’t tied up in vintage bicycle parts, we could afford an adorable little non-destructive puppy! Wait a minute, now I’m falling for your ploy. I’m arguing for the puppy! Foiled again by you Furyus!

So I’ve been thinking about this, and I may actually “let” you get a puppy, but only under one condition: --that you build it a Doggy Stroller / Bike – but in Rat Rod style! (Because no puppy of mine is going to be caught riding one of these “China repops”!

Not even really sure what that means...just hear you saying it a lot in reference to bicycles ; )

And you can’t just be slapping together something like this

or this

It has to be a true Rat Rod --custom, vintage, maybe with a theme; and you have to go through the whole build process…sketches, sourcing parts, hours in the garage, painting, step-by-step photos, etc. It has to be worthy of a RRBBO entry!

See now I’m using reverse psychology on you! You may decide that it’s a whole lot easier and cheaper to just have a baby!

Love,
Baby Doll

Wow, Baby Doll! There are a lot of remarkably cool bikes in this build-off. They'll get tons of votes (deservedly so) but they won't get what you've given me, in writing no less: Permission to fund, research and create a new rat AND permission to have a puppy (or baby human). I'm leanin' puppy at this point (see previous post with sample pics) and maybe a campus green Schwinn Town & Country project for puppy...

In the meantime, I added a couple of almost finishing touches to my 'phoon. First, to keep the similarities between our bikes strong, I added some flowers to my bike, since yours is covered in them. I chose white roses, which symbolize purity and love. These roses are made from mulberry bark, and the wire "stems" are even campus green. I love you purely, Baby Doll.

Just to make sure the 'phoon isn't too sugary and spice-y, I had to add a really mild vulgarity, mostly because in a lot of ways I'm only thirteen years old.

Right down to the wire, Baby Doll. I'm very happy with how this bike has turned out; it's a perfect match for your Slik Chik without matching perfectly, if that makes sense. Feels really good to ride, too. Can't wait to get our bikes to the boardwalk in just a few weeks!

Thanks for making this build-off so much fun, darlin'.

Yours.

Last edited:
Man your Schwinn turned out great!!!Gives me some ideas for my 79 Spitfire frame.

Thanks, man. Those Spitfire frames are cool. Last of the last, aren't they? Hope your build comes true.

furyus

Latest posts

Back