ENIGMA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did drive 10 hrs straight this morning (633 miles) across three state lines, all for a backdrop for Enigma's final photos.
wow.:43:
I guessing you went to Bonneville. Good grief! :eek: Your photos are going to cost more than my entire bike!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm in Utah! I left my house this morning at 4 am, arrived here around 3 pm. I have enough reward cards and too many points to offset the cost of this trip. The real hard cost is my hotel for tonight...but my AARP membership reduced that down to $43.00!

This place is really barren, no one's here. I guess the action happens on the weekend? First week of August Speed Week starts, the place will be packed!!!
The salt is unbelievable, sticks to your car like snow...it took me almost an hour to wash it off the undercarriage of my car.

I wish I could stay longer, but I need to be back home tomorrow...I'm helping a buddy with the Grand Opening of his bike shop on Sat.

Last edited:
You are insane my friend, but in a good way!!! I admire the dedication to undertake a road trip like that just for some photos. Maybe I'll drive up to Philly this weekend to take my photos with Jake and the Liberty Bell!!! :D:eek:

Last edited:
Hey FS...I really like it. Excellent lines and design elements. Rad. This silver bird deserves a backdrop like that on the flats of Bonneville, which can be a stark and beautiful place to take pics.
I hope you had the bike with you... One of the top 5 for me so far!!!!:thumbsup:

I'm back on the road, heading home now. I left Utah a few hours ago, stopped for my Starbuck coffee and the use of their wifi to check my email. I thought I'd post a pic of what to expect...more to come.

[quote="fordsnake, ......heading home now. I left Utah a few hours ago, ...more to come.
[/quote]

Kudos to a hard working cool guy living the life!
Cool shot, bars look invisible at that angle.
Did you break the "single bipedal land speed record?"

Next week is Speed Week at Bonneville. Too bad it wasn't this week, you could have gotten so many cool shots with the cars and bikes trying to set land speed records. Here is a pic of a Salt Flat car that I designed for a buddy of mine that will be there next week trying for anything over 260 MPH. This car has already set one world record earlier this year and they are going for another next week. Can't wait to see all your pix.

I'm back from my crazy trip to Utah. But I'm a happy camper! I desperately need to get some sleep! Tomorrow I'm helping my buddy with his bike shop, his opening is this Saturday! So my back is up against the wall for my final photo selections. Here's a pic showing my setup on the the Salt Flats, trying to stay cool from the 85º heat.

Next week is Speed Week at Bonneville. Too bad it wasn't this week, you could have gotten so many cool shots with the cars and bikes trying to set land speed records. Here is a pic of a Salt Flat car that I designed for a buddy of mine that will be there next week trying for anything over 260 MPH. This car has already set one world record earlier this year and they are going for another next week. Can't wait to see all your pix.

Yeah, the only guys on the Salt Flats yesterday was a production company shooting a Mercedes commercial. They restricted certain areas not allowing access and they didn't want spectators to watch the filming since it was the launch for a new model.

Latest posts

Back