RRB-BO#9 Prize Pool!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first build-off, and I want to do it right! I'll throw down this hat that I hand-painted for kicks.
But, I don't want to play favorites, and 9th place and 16th place were taken as arbitrary prize places...I'll show my love for #13 and give it to 13th place overall. Good luck everybody!!!
who was that cat that finished 13th, the last 2 out of 3 years?:thumbsup:

I want that hat, so I am raising my goal from #16 to #13.
I'm going to roll back and duel you for #13 place...:grin:
chipmunkduel.jpg

Umbrella-duel-on-bikes.jpg

I am thinking of offering these:

They are a pair of stencils that match the ones used on my build off bike. You stick this on the bike or what ever you are wanting to put it on and then paint it and remove the stencil and you have a painted on emblem. They are ones that match a 53-54 Buick road master. I drew them by hand and sent them to a local graphic shop and they made these for me. I am not sure which prize these should be offered for though. What do you guys think?

They are a pair of stencils that match the ones used on my build off bike. You stick this on the bike or what ever you are wanting to put it on and then paint it and remove the stencil and you have a painted on emblem. They are ones that match a 53-54 Buick road master. I drew them by hand and sent them to a local graphic shop and they made these for me. I am not sure which prize these should be offered for though. What do you guys think?
I think anyone would be more than pleased to have them. Good work, Rg

Last edited:
I

I am going to offer it for 5th place.

How about "The Closest to 20th Place if You Used a Duck in Any Way" award?
I actually thought of Bad Donald immediately when I first saw this, But like everyone else, I made the pitch for myself! :D

Now that the build-off has ended, I couldn't wait to post the winner of The Most Anticipated Build Thread!

I felt like it would be good to have a place to list all of the winners together without having to search 5+ pages for them, so I started a winners thread HERE.

Here's my pick and a copy of the post from the winners thread...

There were many build threads that I looked forward to as the three months passed and a few in particular that I waited for! Each one had it's own appeal for various different reasons.

Remarkably, as I thought through my list of front runners, the one that stood out the most was fairly easy to pick.

Never controversial, no condescending opinions, no hedging for votes and no obvious ego to stroke, just someone having fun without being too serious and making it VERY ENTERTAINING! The easy choice for me was GEARS OF WAR!

upe4aqe7.jpg
evu2ezun.jpg

Congratulations Jake!

Jake is an obvious choice for that one! CONGRATS Jake!! YBJB!

Jake is an obvious choice for that one! CONGRATS Jake!! YBJB!

Yes it was.

I have to say though that my second choice was 'Back in 74'. I really enjoyed the story that propelled it along. I found myself waiting anxiously for the next installment to read! After Tommy broke his arm, I was a little let down :( but thankfully, even though we didn't get as much of the story, we did get the final chapter and a happy ending. :happy:

I also liked the Bad Donald back story. I tried to inject a little levity into my build by suggesting that it would actually race at the drag strip, or fly to the moon!

But, I really enjoyed watching all the bikes come together more than any of it! Hats off to all who participated!

Here are the contestants for the Golden Nanner. This will go out to the banana seat bike with the most votes and the winner must pass this on in the same category next year. Good luck to all the nanners!!
-Back in 74 - @Rat Rod
-Bohemian Rhapsody - @Jane says
-El Boogie - @tecktiki
-Gears of War - @Jake Sensi
-Road Rash - @SoulGarageOH
-Wrenching on my Bike - @PeterBuilt
index.php

Last edited:
I looked through the builds for the BEST NOISEMAKING DEVICE and I am going to award that to @MazdaFlyer 's iAM Higgins with it's fresh out of the box AM Bike Radio. This brought back memories of listening to Jerry Rogers on WSGA 1400 on a similar radio on my Sear's Screamer 2 back in the 70s. Congrats @MazdaFlyer !!!
WP_001286.jpg

I went through all the bike pics with headlights,then went to the threads for the ones that were tampered with,narrowed it down to 3...
:39::whistle:
PicMonkey Collage.jpg
And the winner of this rusty shell is;
Drum roll Please.
top-cat-drum-roll-2-o.gif

Winner; starsNbars -Kingfish254

Thanks a ton Miss Funk!!! That's an awesome light shell!

Seems "Best Patina" has only a mild interest...
May pick up though, voting lasts as long as the BoNine, August 11
Vote with "Likes" HERE
Most "Likes" wins the cup.

Carl.

so the rustiest award is being worked on and I and Momma jats are looking for a recipient, any suggestions?

Troy

Latest posts

Back