Southeast Louisiana

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live just outside city limits of Mandeville, LA, about 30 miles north of New Orleans, on the northshore of Lake Pontchartrain. I'm lucky enough to live just under three miles form the Tammany Trace. It's a Rails-to-Trails path that was created in the 90's. I purchased an Electra Townie 7D the last week of June and have been enjoying being a kid again. The Trace snakes through St. Tammany Parish, about 31 miles total. I haven't yet conquered all 31 miles. I occasionally snap a few pictures while I'm out riding. I don't claim to be a photographer but I hope you guys enjoy the photos.

Along the Tammany Trace in Mandeville,LA.
IMAG1110_zpsqisogwsd.jpg

IMAG1178_zpsjieqkwia.jpg

IMAG1189_zps9njg9v7i.jpg

Changed out the stock handlebars to ape hangers. Loving them.

IMAG1277_zpsibigw0mt.jpg

IMAG1281_zpstjwa3hkq.jpg

Abita Springs, LA

IMAG1375_zpschqiy4gi.jpg

IMAG1377_zpsz8ggww9r.jpg

IMAG1437_zpskzbb4boa.jpg

Covington, LA

IMAG1422_zps4b6caxse.jpg

IMAG1413_zpsjptwqzec.jpg

IMAG1424_zpsnbm5kazz.jpg

IMAG1429_zpsetvqhkue.jpg

IMAG1400_zpsdc1skygn.jpg

Are you talking about the bridge over Bayou Lacombe? Here's a picture of it. I've never been there before just recently so I am not sure what the old bridge looked like. What you see in the picture was completed and opened in 2008. It stays in the down position from sunrise to sunset.

IMAG1488_zpspxskttq7.jpg

IMAG1492_zps0jwrznn9.jpg

Looks nice there!

I have some friends that just move to Mandeville about three months ago. He's taking a Sr. Pastor position at a church there.

You know the name of the church?

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

Thanks for the picture. Never saw the old bridge before.

I checked out the pictures on your site. The gazebo in Abita Springs got moved to the front of the park. The town got tired of it getting flooded.
That's it to the right of the entrance.

IMAG1439_zpsjnv9lsgr.jpg

I just hope you managed to get to the Louisiana Bicycle Festival in Abita Springs this year. I was there 2 years ago....great small show!

I just hope you managed to get to the Louisiana Bicycle Festival in Abita Springs this year. I was there 2 years ago....great small show!
I moved to the Northshore in 2005 just before the mass exodus brought on by Katrina. Every year I would tell myself that I was going to make it to the fest. This year was the first time I made it. Saw some things I never knew existed. Now the wife is mad because I have ANOTHER expensive hobby. [emoji1]

I've spent many years traveling all over Louisiana. My son was born in Vernon Parish (Fort Polk). I have delivered liquid sugar to many businesses and bee farmers in the central and southern areas of LA. as well as vinegar to Avery Island, McIlhenny Co. where they make tabasco sauce. Very flat roads there.

As someone already mentioned, the Abita Springs bicycle fest is a must for bike lovers in that area. Another must do is the NOLA Social Ride, weekly rides in and around New Orleans, every thursday night!!

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

As someone already mentioned, the Abita Springs bicycle fest is a must for bike lovers in that area. Another must do is the NOLA Social Ride, weekly rides in and around New Orleans, every thursday night!!

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

They have rides almost every night now. There's also a group in the Mandeville area that rides mainly on Thursday nights, sometimes on other days for special events.

http://www.nolasocialride.org/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/364133753687089/

Latest posts

Back