(ORBO) Mini-Klunk finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DSCI0017.JPG
I finished this the other day and put it to the test today. This is a junk frame with big 4 ply 20 x 2.125 tires. The fork is a 24" fork and the wheels were custom made by a bike mechanic. The rear hub is a SRAM Automatix 2 speed with coaster brake. The cottered chain wheel only has 40 teeth for low gearing. Here's the build thread:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mini-klunk.96734/

Last edited:
Yes it fits me pretty well, the configuration turns out to be crank forward, but that just gives a laid back cruising ride and I can put my feet down while sitting. I could have picked up a new springer and a top notch set of cranks (conversion from cottered) but I like it just as it sits.

Thanks Joe. My only problem is getting to the Freeport Zone where I ride. It's 4km away and the city traffic is getting crazier all the time. I need to get a mini-truck to haul bikes around.
And The seat post bent slightly, so I'm going to reinforce it with a piece of pipe or something that will sleeve it.

Thanks Joe. My only problem is getting to the Freeport Zone where I ride. It's 4km away and the city traffic is getting crazier all the time. I need to get a mini-truck to haul bikes around.
And The seat post bent slightly, so I'm going to reinforce it with a piece of pipe or something that will sleeve it.

Wow, I didn't know that the traffic problem has crept into Subic as well! I guess the traffic situation is not only a problem in Manila now. Where on the seat post did it bend? Was it near the seat clamp or the laid back part of the post? Also, don't get those China-made chromed BMX laid back posts that have gussets if they're available in Subic. I have ruined 3 of those already (I keep buying them because they're the only ones available), the gussets dig in tho the bar in the part where they were welded!

DSCI0048.JPG
It bent very slightly at the seat post, so I think it can be salvaged by hammering in a slightly smaller piece of tubing or square stock, then making a tab at the bottom to keep it in there if it gets loose. It's the only kind available here so it has to work.

Very cool rebirth and transformation of parts on this one bud!

Latest posts

Back