ELGIN DECOLUXE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it has a bit of a Harley Davidson flavor [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That first photo does look a bit more orange than red, but it's always hard to get true colors with photos and computer monitors.
Here's another one that I found that looks more red but the brown looks black.
1481349.jpg

I'm more of a Dove Blue or Texas Brown guy... but not together.
I like those colors too. I like a lot of the early VW colors but I think the red and brown will look good on the Decoluxe.:)

Thanks guys.

The ornament was of course one piece when I got it but I cut it in two to allow for the head tube. I then just spread the two pieces apart for the opening. Naturally the bottom edge had to be shaped to match the contour of the tank, but after spreading the the pieces apart it required that the back half had to be cut even deeper. This took a lot of trial and error to get the bottom fitting against the tank and the top to be level on both parts.

These pictures show the JB Weld and studs. I also pushed the two parts together to show how much material had to be removed from the back half.
View attachment 27175

Sorry, I forgot to take a before picture. Here's one from the web.
View attachment 27176

I am about 8 days away from being able to build in a garage and not just in my living room. When the day arrives i hope I have great ideas like this.

- by Gigmata

Jim , Once again your ability to think out side the box continues to amaze me with all the little items and details you incorporate in your builds .
Thanks Joe.
I am about 8 days away from being able to build in a garage and not just in my living room. When the day arrives i hope I have great ideas like this.

Be careful, or that work space will become storage space like my garage!:(:bigsmile:

Seat looks great--what adhesive did you use for the leather?

I went to a local automotive upholstery shop with an empty quart paint can and got them to sell me some spray grade contact cement. They buy it in 5 gallon containers. They also have dedicated spray guns for glue, but it works fine applying it with a cheap disposable brush.

Just brush a thin coat on each surface, let it tack and press it together. It sticks immediately, so you have to be very careful to line things up on the first try.

I was just walking down the bicycle tail light aisle at Home Depot and didn't even know it.

Very art-decoluxe tail light housings Ren Man....!
Dude [emoji41]
I hope my idea is as good as your imaginations. This is just the mount so far!:speechless:
I was just walking down the bicycle tail light aisle at Home Depot and didn't even know it.
LOL Home Depot is a bike shop isn't it?:grin:
Are de slots fer de fins?
No fins. The slots are for mounting. More on that in the next step.:)
Is that an EMT conduit pipe? What diameter?

A rather ingenious idea....
Yep, 1/2" EMT.

Latest posts

Back