Recent content by BeardsandBikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BeardsandBikes

Show us your bike workstands

Same here man.....lol
  2. BeardsandBikes

Horn Tank Wont Horn Tank

You ever get a horn tank and open it up and it looks like it never had batteries in it? Then you buy some fresh D cell batteries and put them in and push the button and nothing. Ok your thinking maybe the batteries are in wrong...so you swith em around and.........drumroll..........nothing....ha...
  3. BeardsandBikes

First attempt of recovering my leather seat....not to shabby

Thanks! That seat you did looks cherry!!!
  4. BeardsandBikes

Im not sure I could of found some leather locally because of where Im at it wasnt likely. I called for two days and scoured the internet. The guy I talked to locally basically told me good luck on finding any leather here. He told me about the guy 60 miles out. Next time im up there I will stock...
  5. BeardsandBikes

How to recover a leather seat or not how to recover

If you have a beard its 10% off ha ha :lol:
  6. BeardsandBikes

I did another one today and posted the pics its pan wasn't in the greatest of shape but it looks good!! Really thick leather. Thanks I hope they hold up for awhile we will see.
  7. BeardsandBikes

How to recover a leather seat or not how to recover

I recovered the western flyer's seat yesterday and had enough leather to recover one more seat so I pulled out my wifes original seat from her bf goodrich schwinn and went at it. You will see from the picture that the leather is very thick compared to the recovers Ive seen posted. I am also not...
  8. BeardsandBikes

I have been wanting to recover my western flyer super's seat for a bit but didn't have the leather to do it and couldn't find it local but this weekend I picked some up from a shoe repair shop about 60 miles out of town. I had allready decided what thickness of leather I would use after seeing a...
  9. BeardsandBikes

UCB Hub Project

You disecting madman
  10. BeardsandBikes

so what else do you collect ?

anything old!!! :wink:
  11. BeardsandBikes

Schwinn Winter Project Dubbed " The Not Sure"

I was going to send this bike to the co-op but after Mitch made a suggestion to work on it during the winter as a project it made sense. I really dont do bike builds persay but I guess Ive been working on them and ratting them out unknowingly for many years so it seems fitting to do something...
  12. BeardsandBikes

The Galtbacken 18

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!
  13. BeardsandBikes

Auction Bikes and Tractor show bike

Nice find man!!!! Really cool bikes!!
  14. BeardsandBikes

Huffy Byke Womens Dial Your Ride Springer

Thanks everyone... I really enjoy riding it. It has a tall ride to it so fits well and definately the springer is a bonus...Unfortunately its the wifes by proxy so I get to do all the work and she gets to ride it lol
Back