Recent content by Bike from the Dead

1. Bike from the Dead

Apple Cider Special

Sounds like an interesting idea. I'm not quite sure I understand it, but I look forward to seeing how you pull off this collapsable rack.
  2. Bike from the Dead

Montgomery Ward Hawthorne parts and handlebars for sale/trade

Up for sale or trade are some of the original parts from my 1950 Snyder-build Montgomery Ward/Hawthorne Dumpster Diamond and a couple other parts and pieces. Among them are the original skip tooth sprocket, the original crank arm and hardware, the original seat, the original 26" wheel and tire...
  3. Bike from the Dead

Montgomery Ward Hawthorne parts and handlebars for sale/trade

Up for sale or trade are some of the original parts from my 1950 Snyder-build Montgomery Ward/Hawthorne Dumpster Diamond and a couple other parts and pieces. Among them are the original skip tooth sprocket, the original crank arm and hardware, the original seat, the original 26" wheel and tire...
  4. Bike from the Dead

1958 Schwinn "Convoy"

Yeah, I never trust a kickstand to hold up a bike when it's windy out, especially not where I live in Oklahoma.
  5. Bike from the Dead

Has anyone made a bike out of unwanted spare parts?

I wouldn't be able to steer the darn thing if I did that, not in my neighborhood at least. Heck, it took me a few test rides to figure out how to steer it without my knees getting in the way of the handlebars as they are right now.
  6. Bike from the Dead

Purple bikes.

I've seen one of those 7 inch reflectors on Marketplace a couple weeks ago. I've been thinking about getting it, but I don't have the bike to use it on right now.
  7. Bike from the Dead

Has anyone made a bike out of unwanted spare parts?

My RRBBO15 entry was this kind of bike. Most of the parts were all in my "sell/trade" pile, including the frame. I bought this bike for $20 at a swap meet in 2019, and it wasn't until I brought it home that I realized why I must've gotten it so cheap; it was bent, quite substantially. When I...
  8. Bike from the Dead

Van Halen Frankenbike - The VH Cruiser

This bike's looking great! I can't wait to see it all fully assembled!
  9. Bike from the Dead

Big Used and Vintage Bike Sale in Kansas City on Saturday

Just saw another ad for this sale with even more photos. I'm really going to hate not going to this sale tomorrow, but hopefully some of you guys might be able to go and enjoy it. https://desmoines.craigslist.org/bik/d/kansas-city-new-photos-used-vintage/7261146978.html
  10. Bike from the Dead

POISON APPLE: '79 Schwinn Fair Lady Trike

Ok, I've got some more photos to share today. First, the new front wheel and tire I got earlier this week, on the right. While the color of the wheel may be different, the shape, size, and chrome hub matches the other two wheels. The front tire is a 24" x 1.75", while the two rear tires will be...
  11. Bike from the Dead

Swing Low

Awesome! Be sure to share some detail photos of Swing Low! We love seeing bikes from as many angles as possible.
  12. Bike from the Dead

Minor update, but I just typed up a task list to help me organize what's left to do to get Poison Apple done on time. The task list is liable to change, and just because I ordered it a certain way doesn't mean that's the order in which things will be done, but it'll help break down the remainder...
  13. Bike from the Dead

Okay, I still haven't figured out what exact graphics I'm putting on the tank and chain guard just yet, but this is the overall flavor I'm going for on my final design for this trike. Hopefully, I'll be able to start sandblasting and powder coating parts on Friday.
  14. Bike from the Dead

Ok, got a new front wheel that actually matches this time. Spent a little on it than I would've liked at $10, but I've payed more for wheels before. Ran out of daylight for photos, but I'm planning on shooting more either tomorrow or Friday.
  15. Bike from the Dead

1958 Schwinn "Convoy"

That sounds like a cool idea! Post some photos of it when you get the chance!