Recent content by charliechaindrive

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. charliechaindrive

Let's see some home made battery tubes!

Has anyone ever built their own battery tube like this before? id like to build one but I'm not 100% sure on how they're wired and or insulated. A battery tube and older light is what I'd like to set up on my silverking, so it keeps up with the "squint your eyes it looks correct" vibe. my other...
  2. charliechaindrive

1936 monark silverking

Putting this together as a slump buster. Paid 200$ as you see it in the first picture from a scrapper The original fork broke, but i think i can fix it. I bought a pre war hiawatha for parts and got it together and riding pretty bare bones with a 60s chrome fork out of the parts pile and some...
  3. charliechaindrive

Stupidity at its finest

Looking sweet!
  4. charliechaindrive

BACK IN BLACK (klunker build RRBBO#9) *NAME CHANGE*

Well it's done! Here's my finished photo
  5. charliechaindrive

BACK IN BLACK callin' it done

I made a slideshow
  6. charliechaindrive

BACK IN BLACK callin' it done

It's been a heck of a transformation going from a minty green disaster, to this gloss black trail hopper. Hopefully someone other than me likes this thing. Here's the build thread http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/back-in-black-klunker-build-rrbbo-9-name-change.83713/ Before: And...
  7. charliechaindrive

Thanks guys! As soon as my cellphone charges up I'm going to head out to take some finished photos. Probably going for a roughly 13mile ride on this thing, hopefully everything will go smoothly. Last night I got all the cables hooked up and the chain on, and a halfway decent adjustment for the...
  8. charliechaindrive

RE-TIRED STRIPPER - Formerly Spit Ply-er DONE (basically)

Tank is beyond belief my friend.. great job
  9. charliechaindrive

I could. But I don't think it'd look very good. I'm eventually going to buy a new stem for it though. Today in town I picked up a can of black and white paint and a repair link for the chain so I'll be doing the final assembly tonight. She won't get the checkerboard yet, but it's going to...
  10. charliechaindrive

Well finally today I got paint on this thing, and I was very satisfied by how it turned out even when it was just a frame on the paint stand After letting it dry a few hours I put it together again, and I'm glad to present the 98%complete checkered flag klunker. I'm actually seriously...
  11. charliechaindrive

Well seeing as there's only 6days left in the buildoff, I cant get my uncle to blast my frame and sneak it into the powdercoat room for me, so I'm stuck with either having a rusty frame or doing a full custom pain job,,rattle can unfortunately. I'll get the first coat of paint on it today...
  12. charliechaindrive

Huffing Indian

Wow! Jumped in for the first cut already!! That thing should turn out to look awesome.
  13. charliechaindrive

Thanks for the proof of idea, crash! Today I drug my donor bike into the shop to harvest my needed parts. I blew the grips off with the compressed air, and a habit I have is to blow thru the handlebars to eliminate any insectoid dingleberries that might be inside. This time I'm glad I did...
  14. charliechaindrive

Scored another parts donor! This one turned out to be a huffy Savannah, which I think is from the early 80s. It's going to give up its handlebars, suntour mighty thumb shifters (recommend klunker parts straight from Marin county!) and its cool old-school grips. I haven't gotten much of...
  15. charliechaindrive

I'll half to check tomorrow if I've got any other threadless stems in my stash. But the bars themselves are bent, and the perfectionist in me is kind of annoyed by that. I don't know if I want to try to straighten them. I might just look into buying a pair of bars similar to what's on a felt...
Back