Recent content by Chuy

1. Chuy

Some scores/Upgrades/Stuff

This is a pic from the ad, I want to strip it down to see how the rest of the frame is and also check out the other drop out. It’s not that bad, but I would hate for it to get worse. Not sure how I’ll tackle it though. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Chuy

Picked this up recently. Ad said it was a 56, but ID says it’s a 57 from January. 1957 straight bar, could be a hornet or spitfire. Not sure how to tell which model it is. Came w/ACS stem, SE rims, Schwinn seat and Akisu forks. Going to build it up as a BMX/Klunker cruiser and most likely...
  3. Chuy

The Wifey Build

Nice and clean. I like the 3 speed coaster. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Chuy

What have you been riding lately?

Sweet pop up! I’m on the lookout for one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Chuy

DID YOU BUILD RC Cars, Planes, Boats?

Here’s a 1/10 scale Tamiya Porsche 911 kit I built. It’s pretty much stock except for the Spectrum receivers and remote. Painted it pink and added some carbon fiber vinyl. I also chopped up a C10 long bed body to a short bed so it fits on this kit. I also have a Traxxas Revo 3.3 up...
  6. Chuy

DID YOU BUILD RC Cars, Planes, Boats?

Anyone have any RC’s? I have a few RC cars and a couple drones that I’ll take pics of later. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Chuy

Bikes on bridges

818! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Chuy

Changed out the cranks to some Oval Concepts and added some 90’s Avocet tires on my Columbia. Those knobby mtb tires that were on the bike previously were wearing me down too soon during my rides on the bike paths and pulling a kiddie trailer. I dig the zig zag pattern on these. Avocet Cross...
  9. Chuy

Is it possible? Yes it is.

I tried out the Kenda K-Rad’s yesterday and I think it looked good but the tires didn’t clear the frame. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Chuy

It’s 2:1 right now, 36/18. I want to try a 16 and 17, it’s a bit too easy to pedal right right now. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Chuy

I’ve had the bracket for a few days and I had some time today to tinker with my ride. I removed the square taper and shimano bb. Threw on the GXP bb. Added the cranks and checked for clearance. Good there! My biggest concern was going to be the chainline. Once that was good I...
  12. Chuy

Nice ride. How difficult was it setting up the drive line? I’ll be going from a coaster brake to a drum brake style rear. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Chuy

Little one spends most of her time directing me on my Huffy Colorado Trail•Cruiser. Or yelling orders from her sweet new (to us) chariot! That Columbia is already too heavy and adding a kiddo to it, my knees pay for it later. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Chuy

I love square tapered cranks, there my go to if and when I ever have to replace a 1 piece crankset. The cranks I got them for free form a neighbor who was cleaning out stuff from his garage, I also found a GXP bracket on Craigslist for $10. Not much coming out of pocket for this little test...
  15. Chuy

I have a bike with the euro adapter, I’ll order a bracket and give it a shot. I’ve been wanting to give my Columbia klunker a new look. Changing up the forks, stem and now maybe some new cranks. You can sorta make out the adapter in the pic. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk