Recent content by cscho

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

I love that reflection. One of the coolest things about the bike and I had nothing to do with it.
  2. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

With at least half a dozes locations and over a hundred photos I have moved on to the finished bikes category.
  3. cscho

Poor man’s Racycle

It’s not the frame I started with. The original plan was with a girls Spaceliner frame. I just wasn’t liking it. So I switched to the 1964 Schwinn Traveler. It was a basic build with the obvious chainring from the Schwinn exercise bike. No matter what I did or thought about doing I kept...
  4. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

It’s tough to pay attention to the road when you got this in the rear view mirror
  5. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

Today I search for the perfect picture.
  6. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

Still doing some finishing touches. May switch out the handlebars again.
  7. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

I think it’s a good representation of the original. Have a few finishing touches to do.
  8. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

spent a lot of time changing my mind lately but I have the final decision.
  9. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

it needs pin striping
  10. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

One of the things I was planning to do when I was considering the Spaceliner frame was trying to make a metal tank. So I decided to make one for this bike. It is minimalistic but I don’t think the bike needs to big or complicated. I am trying to decide on color or bare metal or a combination...
  11. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

It’s looking like a bike again The cream color tires are out. This afternoon I sold a Coast King 12 speed. I was disappointed once I realized it had the same size tires with at least one good tube and a couple good parts I could have used. I have tried to find tubes several times for this...
  12. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

Started going through handlebars trying to find the right one. I have a couple of choices including this one that was on one of the original frames I was considering for the build
  13. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

Do you remember when you were a kid and you got new shoes for school. They were bright and shiny, you knew they would make you run faster and you loved them. That is not the case with the cream tires.
  14. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

It’s tough to resist the urge to put it together as soon as the paint is on. Fortunately I painted it and left for vacation. I am home now and back at it.
  15. cscho

BO15 Poor Man’s Racycle

This is the primer and the clear. The clear is not on it yet.
Back