Recent content by Duchess

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Duchess

Show us them cars!

New car came in early! You can actually see the curves of the fenders from the driver's seat like an old school sports car—even better than I could in my 240Z (though that had a pretty sweet center bulge that was definitely visible). I didn't think I'd get it until spring, so I'm keeping the...
  2. Duchess

Show us them cars!

I love the aesthetics of that era and the '50s car-design inspired styling on some of them.
  3. Duchess

Show us them cars!

LTTP, I love that boat! What is it?
  4. Duchess

Show us them cars!

Anything Ecoboost 1.6-2.0, though some people tried to argue with me on the ST forum that this doesn't apply because the TSB covers twin scroll turbo cars (Fusion, Escape, Edge, the respective Lincoln versions, maybe some others) and the ST is single scroll. While I understand it's a headifold...
  5. Duchess

Show us them cars!

For fellow Focus ST (or anything else with a 2.0 or smaller Ecoboost) owners, I just found out the hard way that there's a class action suit going on about the Ecoboost 4s. All I've ever read is they have no head gasket issues and, being a closed-deck block, I figured that, too. Well, I've got...
  6. Duchess

Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash Challenge II

I'm sculpting a giant ground sloth figure to pilot the speedboat. I'm going to see about 3D printing the tail fins and a 1:12 scale Bizzarrini Lamborghini V12 (oversized as the boat is 1:18) with some exaggerated exhaust and prop I'll probably form by hand. Not sure what I'm doing for a stand yet.
  7. Duchess

Are you a led foot? IE speed demon or a light weigh? IE conscious driver

My tires tend to average half the rated mileage and that's not from peeling out. Conversely, I tend to beat the EPA rated highway mileage in a combined cycle averaged over a tank. I was going to leave it at that, but I thought I'd add this. It's kind of long. When I had PTSD and things fell...
  8. Duchess

Made a little progress.
  9. Duchess

Thundersloth! Basing it on the Voyages of Sloth and Good Boy books I'm working on. Making the giant sloth figure might be good experience to make a (larger) articulated action figure version.
  10. Duchess

Here's my idea off the top. These are hulls for the boat I designed. I built several of each. I originally was going to build the smaller one, but wanted something with more deadrise to at least handle the harbor (foreground). I'll use one of these. I'll either have a giant ground sloth or...
  11. Duchess

RAT / ROD MODEL KIT BASH CHALLENGE

I can probably manage to throw in on this, but the model would be a scratch-build of a boat hull that I already made and a character sculpt. The interior parts will likely be from models if I can find the box of stuff I had sitting around for years (that is, if I didn't toss it).
  12. Duchess

Plum Crazy

I'll try to pick at it, but I'm definitely not going to finish. I have too much going on.
  13. Duchess

No. 3 build ready to kick off...

Whoa
  14. Duchess

39 inch wheel MTB.

Why not make a penny farthing at that point. I can think of some fun bikes to build with the wheel sets if they were cheap enough (which they wouldn't be). Not practical or maybe even useful bikes, but fun bikes.
Back