Recent content by Gdcast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Gdcast

Faux Tanks

Here is one of mine, working on another right now.
  2. Gdcast

bikes will be on the back burner while I build my 59 VW !!!

Bus looks amazing man, love what you did to it, great to see you are enjoining it to the max
  3. Gdcast

It's been a while... new build

Thanks Mate!!! Cheers!!
  4. Gdcast

Thanks for the comments guys!! Not quite sure about that tail light, but I think it's a British Lucas...
  5. Gdcast

Hi guys, as the title says, It's been a while since I build a bike, but I felt the need, the need for a build... Took an abandoned cruiser, mod it a bit and here is the result, hope you like it, thanks for lookin'
  6. Gdcast

Raty, retro, road bike

3 speeds
  7. Gdcast

Raty, retro, road bike

It's all right, I'm not planning on wining the Tour with it, It's just a cool looking bike that turns a few heads, nothing fancy.
  8. Gdcast

Raty, retro, road bike

I got into the barn last night and manege to get this pics, Head badge says "Confiance" but I couldn't get any info on it. and the derailleur says "Sachs Huret"...
  9. Gdcast

Raty, retro, road bike

Well it´s probably a 50's bike. Wheels? not wooden but steel, painted as if they where wooden. I' dont remember the brand on the headbadge, I do remember it's french. I'll check it out tonight. Derailleur is not rod operated, it's cable, but bare in mind this is not a resto, I just removed...
  10. Gdcast

Raty, retro, road bike

All pics I have in my phone are from that side, I'll take some more when I get home from work.
  11. Gdcast

Raty, retro, road bike

Me too, but the Drelieur was original to the bike and so cool looking I had to keep it.
  12. Gdcast

R.A.F BIKE

Hey Kingfish!! It's being a while, glad to be back! Nice to see you liked the build, Cheers Bro!
  13. Gdcast

Leather Saddle from Scratch

Thanks for the comments guys! Well the leather is about 4 millimeters thick, and that being said I'm not sure if the vacuum sealer will be strong enough to tighten it. Maybe if you leave it soaking for a couple more days? I think is worth a try tough...
  14. Gdcast

Leather Saddle from Scratch

Hi guys! This is a photo reference of how I made the saddle for this bike: Raw leather piece from store: Mold made of wood: At this stage you soak the leather in water for 24 hours and then: Leave it to dry inside, for a day or two till it's firm. Then you trim it to shape...
  15. Gdcast

Raty, retro, road bike

Hi guys! When I found this bike it had a newish plastic seat, plastic grips and pedals, a mix of different color electric tape around it, it was a mess. But I started pouring some love at it and this is the result. Hope you like it! PS: The saddle is made from scratch, here's how I did it...
Back