Recent content by Get it db

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Get it db

RRBBO16

As far as a 3rd class, I think that would be good. "Motorized" E or IC, I remember a few years back there was a really cool and well done bike in the open class, but it was an E-Bike base and not sure why, being in an "open, anything goes" class...but I didn't like competing against it.
  2. Get it db

RRBBO16

Hey y'all, I think I'm gonna get in on the Class 1 this year. I got a sweet Higgins in trade that I really think I could do something cool with. May is just around the corner!
  3. Get it db

Long BMXXX DONE!

Your process and this thread is awesome! Sounds and looks like what I do most of the time. Love it
  4. Get it db

Post Your Final Thoughts

I gotta say, some of my favorite builds are in class one. There is a number of really, really good bikes in both classes this round. Congrats to all who got to finish. And congrats to the winners of the Oddjobs picks!
  5. Get it db

Spring Spare Time

This came out really good!! Excellent job all around. -db
  6. Get it db

"LEFT TURN" - finished

Video of me riding it..hope it works! Not sure what all this other goof is after the video...
  7. Get it db

"LEFT TURN" - finished

and some of the details
  8. Get it db

"LEFT TURN" - finished

Few more pics of the bike
  9. Get it db

"LEFT TURN" - finished

Here it is. This build made so many "left turns" it came back around....6 times :grin::grin::grin: Just wanted to say great work everyone. I had a good time building this one and am pretty stoked on how it came out.
  10. Get it db

"LEFT TURN"

All done. Striped up and ridden. It rides pretty smooth! I'll be posting in the Finished section shortly.
  11. Get it db

"LEFT TURN"

Got it all together and wanted to add a few details with my AMAZING pin striping skills :rofl: not to bad, it'll do :thumbsup:
  12. Get it db

"LEFT TURN"

cut down and painted the bars, really happy with the way they came out. Matches the lines of the frame nicely. Oh..and added a kickstand. :nerd:
  13. Get it db

"LEFT TURN"

I had another stem, I was gonna grind out and shave down the bars... at this point I was getting frustrated AF and ended up breaking the bars, running out of time now to weld a new 7/8" tube into the smaller apes. So I grabbed a set of chrome beach bars and started to re-evaluate the situation...
  14. Get it db

"LEFT TURN"

I found an old headlight that I wanted to make work, so I cut down the tabs and drilled two holes to mount inside the 4 bolt stem. Problem was I didn't have a 4 bolt stem with the correct bar mount size...This is when I made another "Left Turn"
  15. Get it db

"LEFT TURN"

First thing I wanted to do was change the bars..those apes just weren't doing it for me, I have a decent stash of bars all shapes and sizes, but nothing was working for me. Until I switched stems that had the 1" bar mount. Smaller apes looked pretty good and I had a set of 14" chrome that may...
Back