Recent content by horsefarmer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. horsefarmer

Mongoose Stat back from the brink

Updates to this bike. Stripped and painted frame. After another bb bearing failure, I decided screwed up bearing cup had to go - if it wouldn't come off or broke was gonna trash it. After some cuts with a cut off wheel it came off and surprise! Threads were ok and sealed bb fit right in...
  2. horsefarmer

Al Jaffee Mad Magazines cartoon maestro dies at 102

In the 60's Mad magazine was my favorite. Living in a remote backwoods area of Michigan, it was along with CARTunes my connection to pop culture...
  3. horsefarmer

Centrix cruiser by Jamis

Couple days ago, nice sunny day temp mid 40's F and enough headwinds to make it a workout. Bike did outstanding. Lower couple gears handled the hills and my favorite long downhill stretch with headwind kept me out of top gear so gearing perfect for me!
  4. horsefarmer

Ratrod bicycle trailer and soapbox

I think they call them wheel barrow pans here. Never seen one with ribs stamped in the side. Would be cool to cut them open for louvers!
  5. horsefarmer

Centrix cruiser by Jamis

Thanks Wildcat! Weather turning more blustery and more snow coming here - ugh. Surprised, I thought I'd would have to lengthen the chain but it popped right on and shifted great down the driveway!
  6. horsefarmer

Centrix cruiser by Jamis

Surprised that bottom bracket was lubricated but adjusted way too tight and would not turn freely. Adjusted it and added 48t chainring and alloy 175mm crank arms. Stockers were maybe 165mm cast iron or steel construction. Just have to add some extra chain links and ready for a another test ride.
  7. horsefarmer

Centrix cruiser by Jamis

Centrix cruiser by Jamis. My late brother Barry - known here as "Yooperman" built it up from a bare frame for the first Unofficial March shootout in 2019... https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/unofficial-march-shootout.108241/page-2 After inheriting the bike I have started modifying it to fit me...
  8. horsefarmer

What have you been riding lately?

Centrix cruiser shakedown ride with new non-knobby tires and alloy pedals.
  9. horsefarmer

... From My Front Door

Some sunny above freezing days have got me and the wife out on bikes for the first time this year. We have also taken long walks (3+miles so far) on more blustery days when the roads were clear of snow. I dislike the walks as makes my knees ache, but it really helped to build back my leg...
  10. horsefarmer

50s Western Flyer

I never installed a 3 speed Nexus which shifts with a rod like most IGH but installed a nexus 4 which uses the different cable shifter that turns a barrel and is fixed and maybe that's the reason for the different washers Shimano offers... anyways - how we learn. :)
  11. horsefarmer

50s Western Flyer

Thought I'd show the modified washer... It seems like a generous size frame all around. Hoping for a fun rider.
  12. horsefarmer

Coasterbrake hub builds

Just what I was thinking, looks so cool as it is!
  13. horsefarmer

Peugeot Marseille

Sorry for your loss. I have helped my wife administer two estates, It's a thankless job.
  14. horsefarmer

Got some snow on the back .40

All the snow we get now is that super dense stuff. When I try to snow blow the stuff it comes out like plastic extrusion before it freezes up the auger complete! Then it freezes up into concrete. Ugg. Looks like more coming our way Saturday. Makes sense, I can see our dry driveway today...
Back