Recent content by ifitsfreeitsforme

1. ifitsfreeitsforme

King Phillip

When I become World Dictator, I'm going to outlaw cotter cranks.
  2. ifitsfreeitsforme

What have you been riding lately?

my CruX has been getting a fair amount of miles lately.
  3. ifitsfreeitsforme

The Blockhead

that z-shaped down tube is a huge nope.
  4. ifitsfreeitsforme

Phantom Menace (aka, the Layoff Special II)

Couldn’t use Sugino crank. Harumpf. The threads are different. I’ve never encountered a one piece crank with different threads. I thought they were standard. These are courser. After about six threads it was off by a half. Anyway, repacked the original crank, removed most of the rust from the...
  5. ifitsfreeitsforme

The race to a million by 2022!

oh man. just shaking my head.
  6. ifitsfreeitsforme

WWII Jeep tribute/Ratty bike.

I've got army green coke bottle grips if you'd like - $17 shipped.
  7. ifitsfreeitsforme

Abandoned Turnpike ride in Central PA

oh dang, that's on my bucket list now for sure. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
  8. ifitsfreeitsforme

Free dirt free water bottle

i like the crunchies that come along with my hydration when riding the cinder rail trails around here.
  9. ifitsfreeitsforme

How’s everybody? Well, I hope. I stole away to the garage for a half hour tonight. Polished less than perfect FEMCO rear rim. Pitted but super shiny. In an attempt to save some patina I taped off factory decals and touched up black paint. I painted the bars flat black Found some...
  10. ifitsfreeitsforme

Remember when . . .

crazy to think when I was 12 I'd go off all day long on my Huffy muscle bike (1976 Stars n Stripes) and sometimes be as far away as 8 miles in the next town. We lived in Waterford CT and rode to New London shopping center and New London Mall. We'd be home at dark. How did our parents not...
  11. ifitsfreeitsforme

Ya Matti, a friend says he has a wheel that I gave him years ago. The hoop might be useable. And he knows how to build wheels. Win win. Perhaps. Meantime I’ll work on rest of bike. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. ifitsfreeitsforme

Tear down tonight. I’m unemployed so I have to do this as inexpensively as possible. So I’m going to trim the one pedal to look like other. The rear wheel is the real problem. It was probably run over. It’s potato chipped. I disassembled it. Did my best to make rim flat (it’s not). So...
  13. ifitsfreeitsforme

Having difficulty deciding ‘tween new black knobbies or tan sidewalls. It had tan when new. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. ifitsfreeitsforme

MBBO/BMXBO 2020-2021 RULES - READ FIRST!!!

perhaps they were mimicking their fathers racing cyclocross.
  15. ifitsfreeitsforme

BMX Bratz bike - Done!

uh, that was quick. nice.