Recent content by J-Money

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J-Money

Baby Blue Muscle

I wasn't concerned with the integrity of the down tube. I didn't remove enough material for the 1" tube to be compromised. The chainstay was a different story. I wouldn't have cut into it if I hadn't already reinforced it by welding on the extended wheel bracket.
  2. J-Money

AMF Daytona

I visited that link and it blew my mind. I guess I need to make some custom tires now.:39:
  3. J-Money

AMF Daytona

OH! That makes them even cooler! Very nice custom touch. I approve. :113:
  4. J-Money

Baby Blue Muscle

The idea I have is to run a single hydraulic disc brake through the frame. I have some mountain bike frame cable grommets that will fit in the frame holes. The brake line will be steel braided. I wanted steal braiding mostly for aesthetics but also to allow for a little rubbing since the line...
  5. J-Money

Trippin' Gypsy

What?? The seat is RAD! You should definitely find a build for that seat.
  6. J-Money

AMF Daytona

Those tires are exactly what I was looking for for my build. I found some Eastern BMX tires that had really cool sidewall badging but if I had known those tires existed I would have hunted a pair down instead.:41:
  7. J-Money

'65 Stingray Nominal Basic

Man that patina is beautiful. And that headbadge is awesome.
  8. J-Money

Baby Blue Muscle

I thought that bobbing the fenders was going to be a nightmare but a dremmel and cutting wheel actually made it pretty easy. And those fatty BMX wheels are what I'm using. I really just wanted the writing. Too bad BF Goodrich doesn't make BMX tires; that would be cool.
  9. J-Money

Baby Blue Muscle

While it cures I can try to figure out how to mount fenders. I bobbled the front and rear and I milled up a front mount. I haven't figured out the rear just yet.
  10. J-Money

Baby Blue Muscle

I laid down a couple layers of base coat. I have some wrinkling and runs to sand out but I like the color quite a bit. After I get it smoothed out and it cures I'll do decals and a 2 part clear coat.
  11. J-Money

Baby Blue Muscle

Thanks for the suggestion; I wasn't sure how to get the pics to display correctly and sometimes I'm technologically inept. :thumbsup: I cut the cable routing in with a drill, dremel and cutting wheel, and a round file. I'm glad it turned out clean because it wasn't a very easy opperation. Most...
  12. J-Money

Baby Blue Muscle

I figured the lines were looking so pretty, why mess them up with ugly cable routing. I decided to go internal.
  13. J-Money

Baby Blue Muscle

Sanded and primered. It's starting to look pretty now (IMO)
  14. J-Money

Baby Blue Muscle

The problem with using a chinese re-issue frame is that you don't get those beautiful, smooth, brazed frame joints. So the next step is to cover the ugly welds with bondo and start sanding... And sanding...
Back