Recent content by Kevin B

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Kevin B

The Fake Jaguar Thread

1977, the Beverly Hills Supper Club. One of the deadliest fires in US history. Suspected cause was faulty aluminum wiring. Beverly Hills Fire
  2. Kevin B

The Sum of Its' Parts

I have a bike that I have been thinking about selling. It is a bike that would bring maybe $50 to 75 even though it looks and rides like new. However, if you look at parts like an alloy coaster brake rear wheel, A decent bike is worth more as parts. 26" Wheel Master Also, when you need a...
  3. Kevin B

Coasterbrake hub builds

The top bar is to prevent a leaf spring from wrapping because of the torque. The rubber snubbed in the front is adjustable. The ladder bar is for a coil spring car.
  4. Kevin B

Asking for a friend . . .

I thought prewar bikes were skip tooth. I guess not all of them.
  5. Kevin B

Coasterbrake hub builds

You work is great. Someday I would like to do a Lakewood traction bar (slapper bar) themed brake arm. The last picture is a pair of "ladder" traction bars, these would be cool in miniature.
  6. Kevin B

Don Garlits Swamp Rat Bike

Just loosely testing "look" using dropouts. Actually mounts will be fender brace bosses.
  7. Kevin B

You can see the brace that attached to the seat tube. I'll probably be cutting it of at the brace just behind the head tube.
  8. Kevin B

They are out by my vice where I cut them out of a step through frame.:rofl: I'll go get a picture. I have to find a little skateboard wheel or something.
  9. Kevin B

My grandson went home after Christmas and this bike has been unattended. I have been gathering more parts. The chute and tank are mock ups. Not fastened very good. I don't think this will be the final location for the chute. Tank is a canister, 2 dryer vent clamps and a Mr. Gaskit or Cal...
  10. Kevin B

Asking for a friend . . .

A friend is looking into a Hironelle St Etienne. It is supposed to be anywhere from 1903 to the 20s. Would it have been Skip tooth? This is the bike. I didn't know bikes that old had rim brakes. Anyone know about hironelle st etienne? I already tried the rrb archives.
  11. Kevin B

Most rotted tires

Too much $$$$$$ I think 22" pizza pans and a few binder bolts would work🤔
  12. Kevin B

Most rotted tires

They didn't all come with wheel discs.😟. I wish. Mine did have a Brooks B130 in place of the stock saddle.
  13. Kevin B

ORBO The Canal Crawler

Agreed, I was on it yesterday and marveled at how easy and agile it rides.
  14. Kevin B

Most rotted tires

I just had to deflate these to get them off the rims of the Mooneyes bike I bought.
  15. Kevin B

Bicycle License Plates, Novelty Tags?

Sweet!
Back