Recent content by LeMad Hatter

1. LeMad Hatter

BO15 CLASS 1 FINAL RANKINGS - Voting Results

Woohoo, 8th place in my first completed build (2nd attempt). Congrats to everyone for building some amazing art on wheels
  2. LeMad Hatter

Distracting yourself instead of hawking these polls

I've been trying my best not to keep peeking. Picked up the only reasonably priced Huffy Cranbrook within 100 miles of my locale, and dammat if it isn't a perfect match to my car's color. I'm thinking about retrying my first class 1 build off attempt from 2 years ago, On the Down Low, using this...
  3. LeMad Hatter

Full Monty Rides Again

Thank you so much. Yours is amazing as well, from those crazy wheels to the beautiful color combo.
  4. LeMad Hatter

POST PHOTOS HERE FOR FACEBOOK "BIKE OF THE DAY!"

Full Monty, the hotrod ratrod Huffy
  5. LeMad Hatter

Full Monty Rides Again

I started it around the beginning of the month, just before my birthday
  6. LeMad Hatter

Full Monty Rides Again

It's a class 1 build, so it's all bolted together
  7. LeMad Hatter

Full Monty Rides Again

It's a class 1 build, so it's all bolted together
  8. LeMad Hatter

Full Monty Rides Again

Here is the 60's-ish Huffy that i saved from the landfill on a lark. I didn't have any real plans to build it into anything special until almost August. Then it was a mad scramble to get it done in time for the build off. But it rides and I'm happy with it for now.
  9. LeMad Hatter

BO15 Monty-the full Monty

Pretty much finished the bike as far as it's going at this time. Rebuilt the front hub, mounted the taillights and took a hammer to the stays to gain a smidgen of clearance. Going to take the final pictures tomorrow, but here's how it looks today
  10. LeMad Hatter

Well, if it's not one thing... Was riding the bike to the hardware store and nailed a pot hole. Snapped the front axle in half and bent the left dropout a little. Luckily the tire didn't grab the triple trees or I'd be pretty bad off.
  11. LeMad Hatter

That 11th hour idea, the one that should have seemed so obvious but you didn't realize you couldn't live without it until just now? I just had it. I was looking for a place to store the battery that wouldn't take away from the style of the bike and it hit me like a sledgehammer. Why not make a...
  12. LeMad Hatter

Thank you very much. It hit 92° on Saturday. The bike was in the sun all day and it still has the same clearance, Clarence. The tire has 40 psi in it ATM, so it should be alright
  13. LeMad Hatter

Lol, thanks! It's an old rail bridge over the Thornapple River, converted to a foot bridge
  14. LeMad Hatter

I forged some brackets for the headlight and chain guard tonight, and mounted the headlight as well. It's a cop spotlight, I'm guessing from the 50's, and it still works. I need to make a battery compartment and wire in a switch, then the bike should be finished