Recent content by max210

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

ANYONE RECOGNIZE THIS?

http://www.regretsy.com/ plenty of lulz
  2. M

My dad's bike...

Thanks for the compliments. I've told him to add a top bar to make it look like a guys bike but he likes it like that. The handle bars were made from these thick square spikes used in welding I think. The springer he made from a leaf spring he had laying around. Ironically, the spring action is...
  3. M

**BIG 52**

Here's a great example of how that number doesn't mean much. I thought jimmy was a 'regular' here. Wisely I paid for goods and not gift. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57292
  4. M

My dad's bike...

This is the bike that my dad has been building for the past year or more. At first he was trying to make it look like a Model T hence the fenders, wheels and small tires. Then he started adding in some medical/war stuff on it so it looks like what it looks like. The bike is your run of the...
  5. M

**BIG 52**

I'm not a big buyer/seller but I'll give feedback (if I remember to) and ask for it back. I do consider it when buying though, especially since everybody keeps asking for paypal "gift" which pretty much leaves you open to get scammed. I haven't had any problems at all on this site except for...
  6. M

can't find the correct chain guard - schwinn

I put this aside for a while. I want to get the correct guard. The hole to hole dimension is 17" not 17.5" like phanton style gaurd or the later corvette I posted a picture of. So here's an experiment, I'm hoping you guys can help. If you have a "hockey stick" style guard, can you measure the...
  7. M

VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Does this picture have a name? Anybody know if they sell reproduction prints or posters?
  8. M

Swap Meet in Long Beach

just want to confirm on the OVERPRICED sentiments. You can find better deals on motorcycle parts than on bike parts. Seriously. You're going to hear "it's schwinn" and "it's prewar" a lot. :roll:
  9. M

hmm. The tabs for the chain guards way too short to bend. THe only possible bending that I can think of would be the Chain Stays bending up (coming closer to the bottom bracket) but then the Seat Stays would also have to bend or balloon out. HOnestly it doesn't look bent. I'll try and take a...
  10. M

This is the chain guard I got thinking it would fit. As you can see it is off about 3/8" or so. The phantom guard also fits too long. :x Anyone want to trade this guard for one of those "hockey stick" types ones? :D
  11. M

A lot of ads lately?

Yea I was referring to those weird ads about jackets and a backpack or somethig. Eh they're gone now, I can sleep safely at night now.
  12. M

A lot of ads lately?

I'm fairly new to this site so I could be wrong. It seems there are more business type ads coming up lately? Some random ones that popped up here in bike talk and also in for sale? I felt RRB has a more personal, swapmeet feel to it than say the cabe which is why I barely go over there. Eh I...
  13. M

Thanks for the responses. The bike has 26in wheels. So it looks like the stem and the fenders are wrong and I need that hockey stick style guard. I thought all the guards were interchangable but oh well. It's not my priority to restore it but at least I know what parts to look out for. I don't...
  14. M

I got this Schwinn from a member here and have been trying to find the correct chain guard for it. I tried a wasp/phantom style guard but the mounting holes on the guard 1/2" longer than the bike holes, same thing with a curved speedster/corvette guard. So i'm thinking it's the straight styled...
  15. M

"C.R.E.A.M."

wear this shirt while riding your bike :lol: sweet ride. 8)
Back