Recent content by Mesquite Hugger

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Mesquite Hugger

What have you been riding lately?

It looks like it came with the bike from the factory. Well done!
  2. Mesquite Hugger

I'm digging the weathered headbadge!
  3. Mesquite Hugger

Do they make a dropper post for that thing?
  4. Mesquite Hugger

Parts Bin Schwinn No. 1: Postwar Straight Bar

Dang, it's fun watching all these mock-ups!
  5. Mesquite Hugger

Cockpit shots only

Will reverse cockpit work? I snapped this one on a trail ride this morning. (The trusty old Huffy Santa Fe II)
  6. Mesquite Hugger

Fork and stem help?

Sweet HD - love the yellow-walls on it!
  7. Mesquite Hugger

24 inch Free Spirit BMX Cruiser (PAUSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

It's turning into a cool machine - may your fortunes reverse quickly so you can get back to it (and have some peace of mind)!
  8. Mesquite Hugger

Motorcycle-style headlight, anyone?

This one was 9.99 on Amazon. Just run a 48v line into one pair and get 12v out of the other. It may even fit in the headlight bucket.
  9. Mesquite Hugger

You can pick up 48 volt dc to 12 volt dc converters that are small and cheap. I like running 12 volt bulbs better just because they are easier to find if one goes bad.
  10. Mesquite Hugger

Any (west) Texas old bike swap meets or klunker rides coming up this spring? (2023)

Now that spring is upon us... I thought I'd refresh the post.
  11. Mesquite Hugger

Kasual Klunker

That bike is gorgeous - well done!
  12. Mesquite Hugger

Any (west) Texas old bike swap meets or klunker rides coming up this spring? (2023)

Title says almost everything. I'd like to find a few old-bike reasons to get out of Lubbock in the next few months. Preferably west of I-35. Kansas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico would be fine too. Thanks!
  13. Mesquite Hugger

I saw that @axemann88 mentioned 1977mopeds.com. Another great moped parts source is treatland.tv in California. They always have some cool headlight assemblies and many of the speedos that go with them. While you're there, check out forks, handlebars, and 16" tires (that fit on wide 20"...
Back