Recent content by mromerox

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Schwinn Straight bar tank question

I don't know what year the frame is..I haven't bought the bike yet. I don't know if the tornado deluxe had the double bars but I think it had a tank.
  2. M

Schwinn Straight bar tank question

Anyone on here know if a schwinn straight bar tank will fit on a schwinn tornado which has a double straight bar? Or did a specific tank exist? Thanks in advance
  3. M

Pedal Old Metal - June 11 - Hillsboro, OR

Prizes? For people's bikes? Would you need to sign up for it?
  4. M

prewar zephyr

can anyone tell me any info on this bike. I haven't heard of a zephyr before. what's missing on it? does anyone have any pictures of a zephyr that they've restored? can someone put a ballpark value on this bike? Thanks.
  5. M

Prewar Colson

Yeah he's asking $550 for the bike as a whole minus the chainguard. but I'm just wondering how much more I'd have to put into it and if it'd be worth it. is that how much you guys are spending on fixing up these bikes?
  6. M

Prewar Colson

I'm really digging the colson frames and I found this one but the price seems a little high to me. It's has a snap tank. I don't know if all the parts are original to the bike. I just want to make sure before I shell out that kind of money.
  7. M

Ladies Roadmaster Delux what's a good offer?

Ok that's I thought. It's for my girlfriend. might try to pick this up.
  8. M

Ladies Roadmaster Delux what's a good offer?

I found this roadmaster delux for sale but I'm not sure what's a good number to offer. maybe it's one of your guys. sorry about the bad picture. I'll try to get more.
  9. M

Tractor fog light battery questions?

Maybe I wired them wrong. I have two leds plugged into a 9volt battery. I don't want to have to punch like 20 holes into the bulb and run the risk of breaking it. Anyone have tips on a setup to get a bright light with leds?
  10. M

I have a smaller light almost identical to this one that I converted to led but I wasn't happy with the light intensity or the color. plus it just looks like I stuck a couple leds into it. it gives the Amber lens kind of a green tint to it. here's a picture of both lights turned on.
  11. M

I have this tractor fog light that I want to use on my bike but I'm having trouble converting it to battery operated. I'm pretty sure it's a 12volt sealed bulb. when I hooked up a 9volt battery it wasn't bright enough, so I hooked up two, then three 9volt batteries but every time it would shine...
  12. M

Autumn Rust

What counts as a high resolution picture? I have another picture I'd like to use but I don't if it'll work.
  13. M

Autumn Rust

Thanks Pick. Spot on 39 De Soto! I wanted to ask the owner if I could buy the hood ornament from him and mount it on my bike somewhere.
  14. M

Autumn Rust

Here's my entry. I was out on a ride one morning and ran into this sweet car. Hope this works.
  15. M

Good deal?? Zenith Bicycle

Sweet! did some hagling and i'm bringing her home for $85
Back