Recent content by OutlawAlice

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. OutlawAlice

(MBBO#04 Class 1) - B4C builds Hooligan!

Enjoying seeing this come together. Especially the unorthodox brakes and modifications. :praise:
  2. OutlawAlice

(MBBO#4 Class 1) B4C Builds Breakdown Beatnik!

I dig it! This ride is made in the shade. No sweat on the color, it's my gig.
  3. OutlawAlice

Shifter help, please! - 1968 Huffy/Grants Rail

This is the shifter mechanism off of a 1968 Huffy Rail. It's all that was on the bike as far as the shifter goes. I haven't been able to find any information about where the cable end actually hooks in, any tutorial, exploded view AND/OR if it's even complete. You can see where the cable end is...
  4. OutlawAlice

AMF Spirit of '76/Evel Knievel Tribute

Several days of aggravation and excitement with one episode of pissed all to heck - Spirit of Evel is essentially done! Since this pic was taken, I have added red sparkle grips. A friend is fabricating a custom wheelie bar and I'm actively looking for a speedometer. I'm so happy with it. this is...
  5. OutlawAlice

BUT..this is what I came for...and it was PERFECT!!! The Spirit of Evel! So I gathered all the parts - including a tall sissy bar, new handlebars, NOS Schwinn crank bearings, bow pedals and a red, white and blue striped chain - and got to work.
  6. OutlawAlice

Since it's been long enough, it's time to update! But first! We went to a bicycle show/swap meet in Eden, NC. One, to look at bikes and two, to pick up the now dubbed "Spirit of Evel" after it being pinstriped and lettered by Brett4Christ! Here's some pics of amazing bikes....
  7. OutlawAlice

Got original matching Schwinn S-7 wheels in great condition and a new brick front tire. Finally was able to mount one of the Goodyear Grasshopper slicks I've been sitting on and waiting for the perfect bike. :)
  8. OutlawAlice

Are you kidding me?!?!?!? I'm so stoked I'm getting on everyone's nerves with it! I've even set up a special assembly place at home. At home. Upstairs. In a spare bedroom where I've moved everything out of my way. :D
  9. OutlawAlice

BUMP! Been busy but there's been progress, too. Here are peeks at the art going on the bike. I was given a choice by the artist to either go with recreating the original art, or go with artist choice. Decided to go with artistic freedom. So excited that I did! He's doing a Rat Fink/Von Dutch...
  10. OutlawAlice

Absolutely. The biggest thing is that he didn't have an actual seat to measure the dimensions of the red and blue stripes. He only had this photo for reference and had to do it by eyeballing it. Taking that into consideration, I am very happy.
  11. OutlawAlice

Well then! Here's a pic showing a well used original seat and the one I had made for this build, and the finished chromed pieces.
  12. OutlawAlice

Hi Cayenne! Same thing here. The only concrete thing I found was that unlike the Actual Evel Knievel licensed bikes, the serial numbers for the AMF Spirit of '76 bikes weren't recorded in the registry. I've heard a dozen reasons and stories why, but I don't know the real reason. The most logical...
  13. OutlawAlice

After a hiatus because there just isn't enough time to eat, sleep, work AND play - I'm back on it! I'm sending out some original items I don't need or want to replace to be chromed. Here they are taken off the bike and blasted. I'm not sure what the time frame for the plating shop is so I'll...
  14. OutlawAlice

Powder coating completed! :D Frame - Pearl White with my custom "Cheeseball" flake clear. Fenders - Illusion red and clear
Back