Recent content by squirreldh

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. squirreldh

Fat Chance Buckshaver

So, been a minute since I updated. Got all parts installed, still need correct front derailleur as I am using a later generation XT, and to overhaul the Rock Shox Judy SL and its Englund air cartridges. I had the Brew Jug cable hangers in my stash forever and finally installed them on a bike...
  2. squirreldh

JC Higgins Flightliner Rat-Price Drop

I know right! Spent a couple months last fall working in Moab at Moab Cyclery, living in the van. Now its a twice a year thing, going back in the end of Feb-Memorial Day, than back again next fall. Love that place! keep the rubber side down!
  3. squirreldh

Bumped, Dropped the price, am moving into my van at end of month, need to thin the herd. keep the rubber side down!
  4. squirreldh

Am selling my Higgins to put funds into other projects. Not original, ratted out a while back. Have it listed locally in Denver but figured I would try listing it here as well, see if anyone wants it. Hoping it doesnt get parted out, but know how it goes sometimes. Definitely a little rough...
  5. squirreldh

Pearl Pass Klunker Tour

Coming up in the beginning of September, the Pearl Pass Klunker Tour is organized by a friend of mine in Gunnison, CO that goes from Crested Butte, CO over Pearl Pass to Aspen, CO and back, on Klunkers. I am attending with a friend from Denver, and another friend is heading here from San...
  6. squirreldh

Nothing Special, CWC Hiawatha

Wow, I have been such a slacker here. These past few months have been insane. I have travelled almost every weekend to some cycling event in Colorado to setup as a vendor, have ridden my mtb in many beautiful locations, raced my winter build off bike, and really enjoyed the hightop ford van I...
  7. squirreldh

Crested Butte Chainless 2017

Will do! I think a muscle bike themed gravity bike would be really cool. And with the cruiser/klunker history CB has, it will be well received by the locals and other competitors! keep the rubber side down!
  8. squirreldh

WHO'S WITH ME!! WHO ELSE HAS ONE IN THE BUILD OFF?!? A KICKBACK HUB

I have one in my CWC, but progress is extremely slow, probably wont finish :( keep the rubber side down!
  9. squirreldh

Its all good. Makes it two years in a row I flatted in the rear. May be my legacy at this race? The winner this year has been competing for 17yrs and it was his first time on the podium, so I have some time ;) Now I have a year to trip over and bump into my really heavy rig, hopefully I can find...
  10. squirreldh

Had a blast yesterday. Mint Chocolate Chip did really well and got lots of compliments from others before the race start. I got off to a great start, was running third and about to overtake second when I got pinched into the gutter about halfway down and flatted. Kept running anyways! I have the...
  11. squirreldh

Dropped Mint Chocolate Chip off at the shuttle in Crested Butte! So excited/nervous. First I need to setup our booth, then off to the bus for people shuttles to the top! keep the rubber side down!
  12. squirreldh

Got down to Gunnison, CO yesterday afternoon. Parked the van out at Hartman Rocks Recreation area to camp for the night and get some mtb riding in. I found a nice spot, which happened to be the same spot where I watched the Observed Trials competition during the Rage in the Sage bike fest back...
  13. squirreldh

Nothing Special, CWC Hiawatha

None really to report on unfortunately, been really busy travelling around CO this month. I did have a chance to bring it into work the other day, finished cleaning up the rear fender to bare metal. Now I just need to do the front fender and finish the frame and fork. Once that is completed...
  14. squirreldh

Thanks, heading down there tomorrow. About a four hour drive from Denver, should take us 5 or so in our van, its fairly slow going fully loaded. Now I have a really heavy bike to add to the mess, should be manageable. Planning on a mtb ride tomorrow with a friend, either around Gunnison or...
  15. squirreldh

So the 2017 running of the Crested Butte Chainless World Championships is a week away! I am pretty excited about the event. Will be my second year competing. Last year I rode my JC Higgins Flightliner rat in the race and did fairly well, top ten if I recall. This year is different. I want to be...
Back