Recent content by SSG

1. SSG

Bikes made before 1920.

Everything I have is disassembled or incomplete right now.
  2. SSG

First time seeing a Kamra road bike.

There are certainly a lot of worse bikes out there. All the Nishiki bikes I've seen have been acceptable quality.
  3. SSG

green singrays $87.99 FREE SHIP

Be aware that it seems likely that it is a scam site.
  4. SSG

First time seeing a Kamra road bike.

I guess it was a sub-brand "designed by Nishiki". The aero tubing is cool.
  5. SSG

BO15 Stretch chopper bobber thingamajig

Lookin' good, great job on that seat too.
  6. SSG

1964 Puch/Sears/J.C. Higgins bikes.

My favorite is the version with chrome head tube lugs and fork crown.
  7. SSG

Crack in rim?

They keep the hubs clean and shiny.
  8. SSG

1956 Schwinn straight bar value

Seems fair, I'm surprised it hasn't sold already if it's been on there for 27 days.
  9. SSG

BO15 XLR8

Yes, it's a suspension fork from a 20" bike, but not a very good one. It has about an inch of travel and seems to take a fair amount of pressure to compress, so I imagine it was basically useless on a kids bike. I can't get the tire to hit the crown, but it might loosen up with fresh grease so...
  10. SSG

BO15 XLR8

I haven't had the time to do many major work, but I got the rims and fork I'll be using mounted up.
  11. SSG

Bad Ebay bike deals.

These bikes retail for $148 new. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2499334.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC1.A0.H0.Xhuffy+nel+lusso.TRS0&_nkw=huffy+nel+lusso&_sacat=177831
  12. SSG

Cheap American 10 speeds with cottered cranks.

Here's an untouched example of the western flyer version, basically the same as the huffy. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Flyer-AltaTechnic-Racing-Bike-HQ12-Lug-Frame-High-Speed-Bike/373059992582?hash=item56dc1bbc06:g:2vgAAOSw1T1exa13
  13. SSG

BO15 XLR8

I had to add a bit of clearance for the hub and sprocket. I put the swingarm together this way with the dropouts on the outside edge to make it as narrow as possible.
  14. SSG

BO15 XLR8

Thats the idea right now, If it doesn't work out like I want it's easy to make it rigid.
  15. SSG

BO15 XLR8

I made a little progress on the back of the bike. It's been a bit slow going, but it's getting there. I ended up putting the rear wheel a bit farther back which stretches out the bike a bit. Hopefully this will help the leg room without the seat ending up behind the axle.