Recent content by Starnger

• The new forum software has been installed. We are still working on a few issues...some images not displaying, spacing, colors, etc. Please send Rat Rod any issues that you may encounter when using the forum. Thanks!
  1. Starnger

Triple tree mounting

I did not quite grasp what have pulled the fork and why there is no clearance between the steerer tube and the tire. You technically could use that stem there, but then you would have to tighten the fork crown first. Usually you use star nut and a stem cap on the threadless headset to adjust the...
  2. Starnger

Studebaker Pedal Car

Mechanical brakes should be enough in my opinion.
  3. Starnger

1951 CWC Roadmaster

Hello everyone. So, packages and parcels are moving really slow lately, and my progress is not very fast too. Here is what changed over last week. Installed new cranks and sprocket. Looks awesome in my opinion, and completely changes the looks of the bike. You may see just how far the...
  4. Starnger

Walmart Klunkers

I was to Carrefour yesterday, touching bikes there. Obviously, kids bikes were heavier then adults ones, only one suspension fork did actually work without me putting my whole weight on it, most of the fork legs were scratched already. But the most surprising thing was that i was able to rotate...
  5. Starnger

First Dyno Roadster Build.

2 normal chains should be enough. If they are bmx length, you'd need 3 :)
  6. Starnger

Wanted CWC Roadmaster chain guard

I will gladly take a look at the photo if you can take one. I actually have already found that piece, but who knows, maybe i love yours so much i would want to have two :)
  7. Starnger

1951 CWC Roadmaster

Here is a little more detailed mockup of the paint scheme i am planning to have.
  8. Starnger

1951 CWC Roadmaster

Got the saddles back from the powder coating. Assembled them back. I used mostly new bolts and nuts, for the few reasons. First is that allen head bolts are often more comfortable to operate with then hex head, for example when needed to be tightened through the spring coils. The second reason...
  9. Starnger

1987 Schwinn Heavy Duti

Hello everyone! Did not post many updates lately, bit busy at my internship right now. However, the bike is almost finished by this moment. The Felt aluminium machined chainwheel have arrived, the last part i wanted to change about the looks of the bike! 39 is a bit small, but that was the only...
  10. Starnger

Felt Drillium Chainring Wanted

Kahaki bikes in Poland have their own drillium chainwheel.
  11. Starnger

Shelby Hiawatha Arrow 'Regrestoration'

Me and a friend of mine were thinking on how to get a profile like that, thinking over building a rear reflector. Actually if you just take a 100mm wide fender available at the market, cut out a stripe from the middle and weld it back, you may get a profile very similar to original gothic :)...
  12. Starnger

1951 CWC Roadmaster

Hello everyone! Not much free time to work on the project lately, but here are few updates :) I got the fenders finally! Yay! With paying almost 50 bucks only tax for it... Lots of money invested into it now. Crazy, but i really couldn't do it without the gothic peaks. It would be a bit sad to...
  13. Starnger

1987 Schwinn Heavy Duti

Thanks for everyone's input, i have checked the head badge, the bike is from 1987 indeed :) I got some nice little details to finish the build now, the sprocket is here and most of the roller brakes parts. The only one left is roller brake cover, then it is done :)
  14. Starnger

Concept

This is a nice drawing above, but the scale of the sprockets is unrealistic on this guys graphics. At least it feels like.
  15. Starnger

Wanted CWC Roadmaster chain guard

Hello! I am looking for a chain guard of a similar style: Any condition or color would do, original or reproduction. Thank you :)