Recent content by str8six_99

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. str8six_99

Electra Bicycle Pics

When I stripped the 8ball they had them on the Electra site. They are gone now. My LBS, who sells Electra, couldn't find them for me Sent from my LM-G900TM using Tapatalk
  2. str8six_99

Electra Bicycle Pics

Exactly! [emoji38] This is the Fink I had. I listed it for like 75 because I wasn't sure if I'd get any interest.....boy was I wrong. I had 15-20 responses in the first few hours. The guy that ended up with said his son had just gotten his bike stolen. I believe it was one of those schwinn...
  3. str8six_99

Electra Bicycle Pics

I got these to Electras a few years ago and have been working on them for my kids. i wasn't in too much of a rush because they were too big and neither could ride without assistance. They graduated to 2 wheels last summer. My sons is an 8ball and hers is a Little Betty. The 8ball wasn't in too...
  4. str8six_99

Triple tree mounting

The head on the frame is longer than what this fork was made for. My fault, I didn't check the measurements. So because of that, the top plate is further away from the lower plate, which is pulling the fork tubes up higher Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
  5. str8six_99

Triple tree mounting

I've been having some issues mounting my triple tree front fork to my Hyper cruiser frame. The issue is that the head tube is longer than the steer tube allows. The new fork is threadless, and I bought a threadless stem, but it will long have maybe 3/8 of the tube protruding to hold on to. Do...
  6. str8six_99

Electra Bicycle Pics

Need to brighten up the white walls a bit, but I'm digging it Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
  7. str8six_99

Electra Bicycle Pics

Took the 'Little Betty' into work today to paint. This thing was such rough shape. Painted sargant gold with an anti graffiti clear coat. Daughter loves the color. Going to get new fenders, springer fork, and banana seat Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
  8. str8six_99

Hyper Cruiser

You're right, looks better Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
  9. str8six_99

Hyper Cruiser

It is an aftermarket seat. I'll check on the bracket tonight. Never really paid attention to it. Thanks Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
  10. str8six_99

Hyper Cruiser

Nice, I like the combo Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
  11. str8six_99

Hyper Cruiser

Its the bike i got for the front wheel and brake setup Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
  12. str8six_99

Hyper Cruiser

Got this for a good price and have been tinkering with it a bit. The 3" wide tires are rubbing the fender a bit, so I have been making adjustments. Don't really want to remove them. The next stage is installing a tripple tree front fork and disc brake setup. All I need is a new stem. The front...
  13. str8six_99

Huffy Eldorado

We are gonna put new tires on it. Considering white wall, cream/natural, or brown with cream side wall. Any input on the three? Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
  14. str8six_99

Electra Bicycle Pics

So I sold the 20" Rat Fink, just couldn't make myself paint it. Found this thrashed little Betty. They were asking 30 and got it for 20. Going to take it into work and powdercoat it a metallic gold color. Springer front fork and new fenders, as well as some other goodies Sent from my LG-G710...
  15. str8six_99

Huffy Eldorado

Ah, ok. Didn't look there Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
Back